• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton hotel across from downtown disney (quick review with few pics)

SaraHyland

Mouseketeer
We stayed here on May 5, 2013 but only checked in and came back at 2 in the morning to sleep so I don't have that many details but I have the jist of everything.

We checked in at 3 which I thought was going to be a problem because my aunt bought the hotel and she wasn't there for check in and at first the front desk people wouldn't let us check in but after receiving a call from my aunt everything was fine and we were able to check in right away.

We were in room 1059 on the tenth floor (which is the business floor i guess? shes a rewards member or something like that). The room had 2 double beds, a coffee/tea maker, in room safe, fridge, mini-bar, all that jazz. It was nice, a little bigger than I thought too. I loved the view, nothing special but the trees were nice and everything was beautiful at night. The tv had like a internet access and had a wireless keyboard. The room came with plenty of extra pillows and towels and omg the first hotel ive been to where the towels were actually wrapping comfortably around us ! :)

DISNEY3115.jpg

DISNEY3113.jpg

DISNEY3111.jpg

DISNEY3110.jpg

DISNEY3108.jpg

DISNEY3106.jpg

DISNEY3103.jpg

DISNEY3102.jpg

DISNEY3100.jpg

DISNEY3099.jpg

DISNEY3096.jpg

DISNEY3095.jpg

DISNEY3094.jpg

DISNEY3092.jpg

DISNEY3091.jpg

DISNEY3090.jpg

DISNEY3089.jpg

DISNEY3088.jpg

DISNEY3087.jpg

DISNEY3086.jpg

DISNEY3085.jpg

I can't really rate this hotel because I feel as if I didn't spend that much time in it but I can give you my pros and cons list.

Pros
-SO clean
-Breakfast buffet with Disney characters 10 bucks if you are just upgrading from the continental breakfast, 20 bucks full price.
-Location, right across the street from downtown disney!
-Free shuttle every 30 mins to any of the disney parks
-Extra magic hours if you stay here
-nice rooms

Cons
-You have to pay for parking even if its just one car
-theres like no parking when you get there, and if you do find it its far away from the building
-Parking system was "down" so we had to argue with the guy everytime we wanted to come back and park even though we had a printed out receipt of paying for parking and the front desk even told us to tell him to call us if we had a problem
-felt kind of humid in the room we were in

We would deff stay again! Maybe the first night so we could enjoy the hotel a little more? We did have breakfast the next morning which was only 10 dollars to upgrade from our free continental breakfast (only the cold items), and it included the disney characters coming around from table to table which I hadn't known so that was a pleasant surprise! The breakfast included lots of different juices (cranberry,orange, lemonade,apple), yogurts,milks,fruits,make your own omlette, mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon. sausage,potato hash with sauteed onions,eggs benedict, sausage gravy,oatmeal,sweet potato hash, some cereals, and different breads (muffins,crescents,rolls, etc)

Again , we would stay again! Not too sure of how much the hotel was, when I looked online it said $115 for the room we stayed in for that date, but on the paper it said 40,000 points? I think...Oh well we liked this hotel :)

DISNEY3141.jpg

DISNEY3140.jpg

Thanks for the review! Heading there a week from today. Thanks for the breakfast tip, that is very helpful info!!

Jen

Thanks for all the pictures! Ahhh, brings back memories! The apple lamp -- point of it still eludes me! :confused3

We are going back there for a couple nights in Sept. We've enjoyed the food there, esp. the pool bar/restaurant.

thanks for thereview ... couldnt decide between here or one of the value resorts only because of my girls. The breakfast is def. a plus!!! We will be there in August for the 1st time!!! i think my choice is here!!!

Thinking of staying at the Hilton in December. Can you tell me how you take advantage of extra magic hours? Do you just show your resort ID at the entrance (along with your ticket)? How about when you want to go on attractions?

Thanks!

What would sell me is the brand of toiletries - Peter Thomas Roth?! I buy that brand and it's like $35 a bottle for my face wash! Wow.

Glad you enjoyed the night! Looks nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter