Hilton Head Construction

Tommy

DIS Veteran - USAF Retired
Just back from HHI and had a great time. A few things need to be noted about what's going on though.

First, they are dredging Broad Creek near the Disney property and there is currently a dredge barge sitting right off the fishing pier. Which means that during the daylight hours, this massive diesel engine running with a loud roar.

Also, the swimming pool at DVC (not the one at the Beach House) is being refurbished. It was supposed to be finished last week, but when I left on Wednesday, it looked like there was a lot of work to go. This also shut down the spa.

They have replaced the sofa's in the units, and these babies will be there for a long time. They are built like tanks, and are not very comfortable yet. I guess they will wear down in time.

As for the Superbowl activities, they had drinks and chips in Big Murgy's Den and had the game on there. About half a dozen of us enjoyed the game there.

DVC Hilton Head Member since 1997
My DVC Hilton Head Resort Page

Thanks for the heads up. I hope that barge is gone by mid April when we bring my 75 yr old mom down to show the place off!

We were at HH in Sept and the dredging was in full force then. Eventually you get used to it.

Tommy, we were at HH the same weekend. We drove down from Charleston just for one night. The weather was wonderful! The kids loved the Beach house pool, and we had it to ourselves! I knew about the pool on site being redone so I was not too disapointed, but agree it looks like they have a way to go. I hope it is finished by Feb. 17 (our next trip). The kids LOVED Goofy Bingo! Were you there? We brought our fishing poles but never got a nibble. We are excited about our next trip. For anyone thinking of going to HH, it is a lovley place!

RellingTwin (Mary)
Magic 4 day 1/99
BW 1/99
DL 1/00
HH 2/01
HH 3/01
Magic 7 day 9/22/01

Thanks for the update Tommy. I hope the sofa's get broken in by next March. I am hoping to talk DH into a week there next year to replace the one we had planned this year

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter