Hilton convention center

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
We are going Oct 23-25 and looking for a good offsite hotel. I booked Hilton because it seems ok at $125 a night. How is the access but the ART bus? We want to be at the park for rope drop and keep going.

Also, it there any hotels closer in the same price range or less?

This will be the start of the USA, our last country, for all the parks in the world in under 8 months!

We've stayed at the Hilton and always walk to the parks. The walk is about 15-25 minutes to the gates, depending on your pace and the traffic signals. If you can stay closer, that would definitely be more convenient. The Hilton is fine, but at DLR, location is a big factor in hotel choice. I don't know about rates for your dates, but look at the Tropicana, the Desert Inn & Suites, the Del Sol, the Grand Legacy, etc. Look at Google Maps to see which hotels are closest to the crosswalk to the parks' entrance on Harbor. Then start pricing rooms for your dates. If there is a no-penalty cancellation policy, make a few reservations. Keep checking to see if rates go down closer to your dates or if there are any deals that pop up. Cancel and rebook as needed. Then choose whichever deal is the best closest to your dates and cancel the rest.
These threads have great information:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/

The Toy Story parking lot is right across the street from this Hilton. It’s less than a 10 minute walk to the shuttles, so we often take the toy story busses in. We really like the Homewood Suites that’s across the street from the Hilton, but the rates are generally higher.

I just stayed at the Hilton a couple weeks ago with my 2 kids. We always stay at Hilton properties when visiting DL but this was our first time at this one. I prefer the DoubleTree or Homewood but couldn’t pass up a rate of $100 per night through my work. That said the ART from here is very easy and quite convenient. Even if you have to wait a bit of time for the shuttle you’ll still get to the park in the same amount of time as if you were to walk or faster if your timing is pretty good! Not too mention you save your feet a 1 mile walk each direction. When you walk out the front door of the hotel, walk across the hotel drop off lanes and there’s a ticket kiosk there then you continue to walk across the other lanes (these lead to the convention center and other hotel) and you’ll see the green benches for the ART. The ones closest to you will take you to DL, the other ones are for the buses going to the airport.

The Hilton is just ok. Nice lobby, but the rooms are shabby. My family has walked to/from both Harbor & DLH entrances. We really have no issue with the walk, but that seems to be a factor for other people. We had neighbors from hell when we stayed there in Dec?/Jan? Management's response was disappointing. I have liked the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Place a lot better.

The theme park view rooms are quite nice. Floor to ceiling windows with fantastic views of the park. Fireworks were awesome.
It's a huge convention hotel. Elevators get super busy.

It's easiest just to walk over to the park. ART takes forever and it's a pretty frustrating experience. If your crew is able to walk, do that. Maybe at the end of the night you could shuttle back if folks aren't up for the walk.

We’ve stayed there a couple times. We do a combo of the Toy Story shuttles, Uber or walking. Depends on the time of day and how tired we are.

Rooms are large and beds comfy. It’s a huge hotel though. I generally prefer Homewood Suites. It’s a bit closer to Toy Story and smaller. Or, staying at Tropicana or Best Western Park Place Inn..since those are right across the street from the DL entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter