Highest paying role w/ disney college program?

punkyb87

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm new here and i have been lurking for about a week and I have an interview today with the college program and I was wondering what is the highest paying role? is it custodial, hospitality, fast food, character, vacation planner, costuming, bell svc dispatch, transportation, backstage
etc....... :confused3

I'm pretty sure it's lifeguarding but I could be wrong :]

aw man thx a bunch i can't swim so i will be needing a lifeguard myself :goodvibes lol anything other than life guarding... :confused: ...any1? what jobs make like 7- 8 something an hour

Hi, I'm new here and i have been lurking for about a week and I have an interview today with the college program and I was wondering what is the highest paying role? is it custodial, hospitality, fast food, character, vacation planner, costuming, bell svc dispatch, transportation, backstage
etc....... :confused3

Hi there,

I am a campus rep, and can answer this for you. The highest paid role for a CP is QSFB. The hours can be grueling, and guest interaction is HUGE. They def deserve to be paid more... they work extremely hard. :3dglasses

I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.

Hi there,

I am a campus rep, and can answer this for you. The highest paid role for a CP is QSFB. The hours can be grueling, and guest interaction is HUGE. They def deserve to be paid more... they work extremely hard. :3dglasses

oh ok thk u so mcuh:goodvibes

I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.

you are are right thk u for the peace of mind ...i just got off the phone from doing my interview (literally) and if i do get accepted i think i will end up in merchandise or qsfb because i didn't even tell her that was what i wanted to do but she was like and i see here that you worked at so and so and so and so so you have some experience in retail and etc so lets go over merchandise and qsfb and i was like :eek: ...ok the 2 things i didn't want to do i wanted to try something different ..but oh well now im just hoping i get accepted im nervous:cutie: cuz im not taking any classes this semester :sad1:
and she said are you enrolled in school and taking at least 1 class i was like yes... and then i waas like wait... no im not taking any classes... but i kept that part to myself:scared:

Exactly!! I'd rather work in a role that makes less, but makes me happy, then work in a role that makes more but I don't like. Besides, you can always pick up extra hours.

I'm parking lot attendant and i'll be getting 9 something an hour
which is above minimum wage.

But this is California so the minimum is higher

California is always going to make more money - I know Custodial at WDW makes over eight dollars, I think they are one of the better paid

For the DL CP, the pay rate is higher. But they also have to pay more for housing. It all evens out for both CPs.

lifeguarding has the highest base pay. . .

and then QSR gets. base + $0.50 for the job, and then if you work in MK it's $0.75 additionally i think...

oh well now im just hoping i get accepted im nervous:cutie: cuz im not taking any classes this semester :sad1:
and she said are you enrolled in school and taking at least 1 class i was like yes... and then i waas like wait... no im not taking any classes... but i kept that part to myself:scared:

I hope I'm not understanding you correctly here. If I am, maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's best to tell the entire truth during interviews.

If somebody were to find out out that a candidate lied, then that candidate will have a reputation for being dishonest and will not get hired because they cannot be trusted.
nick

I hope I'm not understanding you correctly here. If I am, maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's best to tell the entire truth during interviews.

If somebody were to find out out that a candidate lied, then that candidate will have a reputation for being dishonest and will not get hired because they cannot be trusted.
nick

also, if you're accepted, you have to submit transcripts signed by your university

you are are right thk u for the peace of mind ...i just got off the phone from doing my interview (literally) and if i do get accepted i think i will end up in merchandise or qsfb because i didn't even tell her that was what i wanted to do but she was like and i see here that you worked at so and so and so and so so you have some experience in retail and etc so lets go over merchandise and qsfb and i was like :eek: ...ok the 2 things i didn't want to do i wanted to try something different ..but oh well now im just hoping i get accepted im nervous:cutie: cuz im not taking any classes this semester :sad1:

You do realize that you need to be a current student to be on the CP. You shouldn't have lied to them.

also, if you're accepted, you have to submit transcripts signed by your university

I actually didnt have to submit transcripts last time but they do check with your school to make sure that you are enrolled. I wouldnt have lied. You might be given an offer initial and then it would be revoked once they find out you arent in school. It might be better to email your recruiter explain the situation and then apply again when you are enrolled in classes.

nick
:sick: yeah it is always best to tell the truth but i am enrolled in school i have taken more than 1 semester and when i read the requiremnts for the program it said must be enrolled in school and have taken at least 1 semester and can not be on any breaks and i fit all that requirement right there and i contacted my school to see if there were any other requirements and they told me no i am good so when i was doing the interview she was asking questions and i was like yes yes no yes etc and when she said are you at least enrolled i was like yes and she finished with taking at least 1 class and went on to the next question and i didnt interrupt and say wait no im not taking any classes this semester.....:guilty: now im wishing i did cuz she might have said that is ok just as long as im still enrolled and have taken at least 1 semester (im a sophmore now but my classes got dropped for reasons out of my control long story)

i have a transcript im in school i just am not taking classes this semster fall
You do realize that you need to be a current student to be on the CP. You shouldn't have lied to them.
i am a student :sad1:
I actually didnt have to submit transcripts last time but they do check with your school to make sure that you are enrolled. I wouldnt have lied. You might be given an offer initial and then it would be revoked once they find out you arent in school. It might be better to email your recruiter explain the situation and then apply again when you are enrolled in classes.
if they check with my school to see if i am enrolled that is fine i am still enrolled there...but not any classes ok i guess i will contact my recruiter and talk with her about the situation and see since my school gave the ok. if not then i won't be able to take the time off to take part in this program again

thk u guys for all the comments i feel so terrible now
bad first impression for this board i will probably be known as the liar:worried:

:sick: yeah it is always best to tell the truth but i am enrolled in school i have taken more than 1 semester and when i read the requiremnts for the program it said must be enrolled in school and have taken at least 1 semester and can not be on any breaks and i fit all that requirement right there and i contacted my school to see if there were any other requirements and they told me no i am good so when i was doing the interview she was asking questions and i was like yes yes no yes etc and when she said are you at least enrolled i was like yes and she finished with taking at least 1 class and went on to the next question and i didnt interrupt and say wait no im not taking any classes this semester.....:guilty: now im wishing i did cuz she might have said that is ok just as long as im still enrolled and have taken at least 1 semester (im a sophmore now but my classes got dropped for reasons out of my control long story)

i have a transcript im in school i just am not taking classes this semster fall

i am a student :sad1:

if they check with my school to see if i am enrolled that is fine i am still enrolled there...but not any classes ok i guess i will contact my recruiter and talk with her about the situation and see since my school gave the ok. if not then i won't be able to take the time off to take part in this program again

thk u guys for all the comments i feel so terrible now
bad first impression for this board i will probably be known as the liar:worried:

I havn't been on here that long but, from what i've seen everyone is very nice and mature enough to not label people liars or anything else. You made a simple mistake and you shouldn't feel bad about it. I don't think anyones intentions were to make you feel terrible.

But all you need to do is call the college program and explain your situation. they'll tell you what to do from there and if there is any problems.

I wish you the best of luck! :flower3:

I havn't been on here that long but, from what i've seen everyone is very nice and mature enough to not label people liars or anything else. You made a simple mistake and you shouldn't feel bad about it. I don't think anyones intentions were to make you feel terrible.

But all you need to do is call the college program and explain your situation. they'll tell you what to do from there and if there is any problems.

I wish you the best of luck! :flower3:

thk you for the flowers :hug: lol.... yeah everyone seems reallly nice and informative and insighftful and honest and i know you guys mean no harm in what you all say im just being real hard on myself and feeling real crazy right now cuz i know better :sad2: and didn't pay attention to that voice in my head:headache: .. .now im sitting here paranoid and can't go to sleep lol i can't wait to till tmw so i can see if i can talk to a recruiter and get everything straightened out and do what i shd have done initially.... thk u again :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter