High levels of lead exposure found at Disneyland

This country has gone so far overboard with some of their regulations. I am a nurse and I totally understand the danger of lead ingestion but we have regulated it to death! In 2008 a law was passed called the Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA 2008). It required ALL items meant for children under the age of 12 to be tested for lead by the manufacture. Besides being a nurse I am also have a little business in which I made burp cloths and bibs etc. Per the new law, I had to have every single product tested for lead, including the fabric which does not contain lead. Many small business folded up shop because it is very expensive to test. They have since revised the law and have excluded things like fabric from testing because they do not contain lead.

One other thing that fell under the new law was children's bike and mini 4-wheelers (the real gas ones) because the fan blade on the engine might have lead on it. Now, what kid is going to lick the fan blade on an engine??? This who issue is so stupid. They have gone way overboard on regulations.

Amen! We've regulated ourselves out of the manufacturing industry in this country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter