High chairs at restaurants?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by MarBee, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MarBee

MarBee DIS Veteran

Hello!
    Wondering if those of you who have recently traveled to Disney with infants could tell me what the high chairs look like? Traveling with a 5 month old who cannot sit up on her own in the typical wooden restaurant high chairs but would be find with one with a high back.
    Any input would be great! Pictures are a bonus!
    Thanks in advance!

2. DisneyHomework

DisneyHomework Mouseketeer

Aww have fun! We are just back with a 9 month old. The standard restaurant high chairs are not the typical wooden restaurant ones, but not much higher. They have a back with an arch, and Mickey ear cut out:) but not like shoulder height like you would have at home. Having said that, with our big fluffy high chair cover I think she could have done it around 5 Months old, maybe 6... it’s all a blur... but basically it’s close to the standard wooden kind, but slightly better in my opinion.

MarBee likes this.
  3. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

2 years ago when we traveled with 4 month old granddaughter only Chef Mickey had an infant chair which let her recline. Hollywood and Vine had the sling chair that would have worked if we had had a carseat with us. rest were regular wooden highchairs that she could not use. we spent a most meals passing her around our big group. remember to count infant in your ressie count

LilyWDW and MarBee like this.
  4. StephenM84

StephenM84 Earning My Ears

My five month old couldn’t sit up in the high chair last month. We had to assist her or hold her during meals.

5. ilovevacation

ilovevacation Mouseketeer

We took our 7 mo old for Easter 2017. He was eating very little amount of puree at that time so I don't have a lot of recollection of the dining situation. I looked back at our pictures and it seems like he sat in a standard wooden height chair at every meal. Although I do recall passing him around a bit. They were just like the ones you would find at the local chilis.