Hifs ?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I know HIFS is fun for kids, how about for adults? My dh and I and are 2 -ds's, 5 and 2 at time of trip are debating the onsite/offsite decision. We know HIFS would be great for the kids, but, how's the atmosphere for the mommies and daddies?

Thanks,

Leah

Great!! That Door on the Master bedroom makes all the differance!! Plus you will have 3 tv's. What more would you need :smooth: ??

I'm unsure what you mean by atmosphere for the parents. It is definately a family hotel (although I understand they have some "sweetheart suites" over by the adult pool" What is it you are or are not looking for?

We've stayed there and enjoyed it. But I think next time, for our money (especially since rates seemed to have gone up) We're going to head back to another timeshare for space, convienence and nicer accomodations.

HIFS is geared to families. There are 2 pools, a kid pool with zero depth and amore adult pool with more hot tubs etc...the bar area is small though kids are allowed.....there is a babysittig service but it isnt like the disney resorts kids clubs....overall Id say if you want to split up and spend some adult time either alone or together away from kids HIFS is not for you....We have stayed at the HYatt Grand Cypris and though pricy has numerous adult bars and resturants a spa and also a great kid club...perhaps the prices are more resonable now...

We're not going to be bar hopping or using any of the child care services. I just wanted to know from adults who have stayed at either Disney onsite resorts or other offsite accomodations with their families, how does this compare.

I guess after a long day at Disney, my dh and I like to go back to our hotel and be lowkey, maybe take a swim, or have the kids play in the playground, go to our room and relax. I just didn't know if the atmosphere at HIFS would allow us to do that.

Thanks,

Leah

I guess after a long day at Disney, my dh and I like to go back to our hotel and be lowkey, maybe take a swim, or have the kids play in the playground, go to our room and relax. I just didn't know if the atmosphere at HIFS would allow us to do that.

Yes, I think HIFS will allow you to do that. Our DD enjoyed the pool and playground by it, but it was crowded and noisy, so I was always happy to get back to our room and chill out. After DD was asleep, DH and I would usually lounge in the "living room" and watch some TV before going to bed, and that is very nice. You can keep a couple of drinks if you would like in the mini-fridge.

That said, for our next trip, while we enjoyed HIFS, we're going back to a timeshare, so we can spread out and relax a little more. I'm looking forward to an actual 'couch' or 'sofa', with padding and enough to stretch out on, more room, an actual kitchen (not that i'll cook much, screened patio, jacuzzi tub, etc. I missed these things at our last trip. And for the same cost we can have those things.

Thanks Lisa, I was thinking with all the families with kids it might be hard to just chill out at the end of the day. I appreciate your insight!

Leah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter