Hidden Mickey Book

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
DH and I were considering getting a Hidden Mickey book for our trip coming up in less than a week. We wanted to do something a little different on this trip. Any suggestions on a good book?

I had heard of the Hidden Mickey field guides to DL and WDW maybe several years ago. On my last trip to DL in 09 i don't think I saw anyone with them, but ealier this year in WDW I saw maybe 20-25 people with them. I'll tell you about the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Disneylands-H...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272339362&sr=8-2

It is narrow but tall so it can fit in a back pocket. It has a map of the locations in DL, DCA. It also talks about them in DTD and the park hotels. It has a scavenger hunt in the book where it gives areas to look for them and points for difficulty. It also has hints for a bunch, ruins the game aspect because these are more detailed directions.

So let me summarize a little section of the scavenger hunt. It says go to POTC and hop on. Then it lists the HMs on the ride.

One on Davy Jones 5 pts.
Mickey on the beach 3pts.
On wall first fight scene 5 pts.
Near end of ride in armor 5 pts.
After exiting ride find a HM on a door 2 pts.

It's all in order and has a few other general tips as well.

He also catergorizes an HM as a intended hidden mickey. So, not say, the flower garden at the entrance or the center of Mickey's fun wheel.

I'll just say it awesome and some people get really into using this book in the parks.

That sounds like a nice book, thank you for the post. :)
I cannot think of any right off, but perhaps doing a good Google search will yield a good selection. If I find anything of interest, I will post it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat
call in the spirits wherever they're at.
Rap on a table, it's time to respond,
send us a message from somewhere beyond.
Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween
awaken the spirits with your tambourine.
Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond
let there be music from regions beyond.
Wizards and witches wherever you dwell
give us a hint by ringing a bell.

Thanks for the Idea that sounds something me and my DS would enjoy doing. I will look at Barnes and nobel

You can buy the book on site at almost any shop.

They are the same price as Amazon.

Some REALLY fun hints too. My DF and I enjoyed it, and we LOVE finding Hidden Mickey's.

BEST one ever.... Front row waiting are for its a bugs life. Stand RIGHT under the "Tree ears" Look UP!

Awesome!

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and picked up the book by Barrett. The scavenger hunts look like a lot of fun and something different to do this time around. Looking forward to discovering lots of Mickeys we never saw before.

Thanks for the suggestion!

We have the book as well and hunted a bunch of them down on our last visit. We actually found one that isn't in the book. (I'm sure there are tons of them besides the ones listed in the book.) But if you go into the Magic Shop on Mainstreet, take a look up at the ceiling. The sales guy in the shop tip us off to it when he found out we were looking for them...

We really enjoy this book too! I especially like the size, as someone else mentioned. It fits easily into a purse or bag. :thumbsup2

We used our book and had a blast finding the Mickeys. Didn't find all of them as some things were closed and we didn't make it to the hotels (and some were just plain hard to find); however, we found around 160 I believe!

We bought it and had great fun finding them. We will bring it with us for our next trip in 9 days! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter