Hidden Masonic Symbols?

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
DH is a Mason and read somewhere that Walt Disney was one and had many symbols hidden throughout MK. Any Masons out there familiar with this and know where to find them? It would be really cool to find some.TIA:D

I can't answer, but I'd really like to hear what others think. This was brought up in The DaVinci Code also.

I suppose that MK is the only park the Walt had a large hand in, and I just can't think of anything there that would really fit the symbology.

Isn't there one on each of the thousands of dollars we spend at WDW?

Bill From PA

OMG Bill look at your countdown! I will be at the Swan the week of 3/20-3/27, make sure to leave some beer for the rest of us! Have a great trip! On topic, I have not seen any masonic symbols, but I will be on the lookout when we are there.

What are Masonic symbols? Is it the pyramid with an eye on $$? Are there others? What do they signify? Sorry, bit of an idiot here, but I am curious!

Here's one example of which I am aware (DH saw last time).

On Main St., on the faux second levels, there are "offices" of people who were important in creating MK. The last corner office closest to castle is W. Disney's. His pretend profession is listed as "architect" and is noted by a painted "square & compasses" on the window. Most Masonic lodges feature a "square & compasses" symbol at the entrance on the exterior of their buildings. DH thinks this use on Walt Disney's "office" is not accidental.

In reference to the dollar bill, the most notable Masonic reference is the picture of George Washington, himself a Mason. Most other Masonic symbols that were found on currency were changed when the dollar was redesigned after 1959. The eye on the pyramid is a symbol that has been used in many cultures throughout history. In the case of the USA, the concept of the all-seeing eye was most-likely used to illustrated a reference to "deity" without endorsing a state-sponsored religion.

I'll add a little...The pyramid and eye is definitely NOT related to Masons at all...The Masons are a "secret" society, similar to a fraternity in many ways, with lots of rituals and ceremonies. While members are not required to be Christians, they are require to believe in some form of higher power, and it is generally considered a Christian organization. There are different levels, and one of the highest levels makes one a Shriner. Shriners, as you may know, are the guys who wear the funny little hats and ride in the tiny cars in parades. This isn't their main purpose. They raise money for children's burn centers and other charitable organizations. The organization does a lot of good, but depending upon where you live, may have a poor reputation due to a lack of knowledge regarding what they actually do. (I'm not a mason, I'm just a girl in college FYI) The main symbol that I know is the square and compass...Masons are generally referred to as being a part of the Society of Freemasons.

Thank you for explaining Masons so well. My grandfather was a Mason, and I have been involved with Job's Daughters (a youth organization for girls related to Masons) for over 20 years!
There is always such a stigma related to the Masons because they have always been referred to as a "secret society". The truth is that they are just a bunch of men with big hearts trying to make life a little better for others!! My grandfather was a Shriner clown, and the highlight of his life was clowning at the Children's Hospital to try and brighten a sick child's day!!
It would make sense that Walt Disney was a Mason, trying to make the world a little happier place for everyone!

Sadiebug ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter