Hicks on Holiday Vittle Report (Free Dining w/ Food Allergies included!)

That evening, we had the pleasure of dining once again at 'Ohana.
This was a favorite of ours from our last trip.
Although on that trip our server was not the best, this trip more than made up for it.
[And considering we thought it a favorite, even with a lousy waiter...that's saying something!]
Our ADR was for 5:30 ish, and the waiting area was very busy.
We had a nice visit with another family who were homeschoolers (and custom t-shirt makers) on their first trip.
We also enjoyed the view from the waiting area:

We were first served appetizer platters of potstickers, wings, salad, shrimp, and noodles and veggies, with the meat skewers being brought to our table soon after.

Dangerboy (ds14 - GF and Pnut/Tnut free), after a consult with a chef,
was brought his own platter of wings, along with some plain rice, and safe dipping sauce, and I believe he was able to eat the salad.

Because he does not react to peanuts being near him,
we allowed peanut sauce on the tables,
but if you have issues with peanuts, be aware that the sauce is served on every table, and used to dip things in.
Peanut exposure could be very wide spread.

Sorry the pics are so blurry:

I had Pina Colava drink, which was extremely good, and Disneygirl had a non-alcoholic version of it.
Next time, I think I'll stick with the non-alcoholic, as we went back to the park for fireworks, but what I really needed was a nap.
:drinking1

Dinner was finished off by the delicious Bread Pudding with Banana sauce.
This is consistently one of our fav desserts on site.
DS was brought a Gluten free brownie sundae, and was extremely pleased...but couldn't finish it all.
This would be a reoccurring theme with all our meals...he was always stuffed and couldn't finish everything, which is saying something for a 14 year old guy.

The kids loved doing the coconut race, and the singer was very interactive with the crowds...recognizing birthdays and anniversaries and honeymoons.

We would probably be back...if we did not want to try something new...because we really like the atmosphere and food at 'Ohana.

Been busy, and got very behind on this, but had these pics organized so I thought I'd go out of order and get an update done.

For this trip, we decided to try a new to us restaurant, T-Rex.
Bigger groups need to call them directly for reservations, which will not then be listed in the Disney ADR list, but they DO take DDP.

Also helpful, if you cannot find the time or date you want on Disney's
ADR system, you can also give them a call. They do keep tables available for locals, so not all their seatings are in the Disney ADR system.

It was POURING that night, and even with an ADR we had to wait a few minutes, but because of the rain, we were all crammed in the little gift shop area at the entrance.
It wasn't very long and we were seated.
I recommend an early seating (I think ours was 6 ish...earlier would be better), and possibly not on a weekend (it was Friday and it was PACKED.)

People complain about the noise in this restaurant, but even though it IS noisy, we found it to be ok, and felt it was about as noisy as Raglan Road had been the night before.
T-Rex (Sept. 2013)

Cheeseburger, waffle fries:

Neanderthal New York Strip - Charbroiled New York strip steak topped with steak butter and served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes and your choice of a side. [Chose Cole Slaw]

Layers of the Earth Lasagna - Fresh pasta layered with homemade tomato and meat sauce, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, baked to perfection.

Cretaceous Chicken Fried Steak - Breaded sirloin steak, fried golden brown and served with country gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.

Woolly Mammoth Chicken - Seasoned grilled chicken breast sauted with spinach, onions, roasted red bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a light tomato and roasted red bell pepper broth served over garlic mashed potatoes.
Was my ds's choice of his GF options.

This was a special that day...some sort of shrimp, scallops, and steak trio.
Grilled shrimp and veggies on a skewer, steak, and a scallop and shrimp medley in some sort of delicious, creamy, slightly spicy sauce. Sauce was SO good, we were dipping everything in it. Mmmmm...

Children's Jurassic Chicken Tidbits - Dinosaur-shaped chicken - Served with choice of carrot sticks, potato chips, baked beans, cinnamon apples, fruit gelatin, mashed potatoes or fresh banana.

Children's Prehistoric Pop N Shrimp - Popcorn Shrimp - Served with choice of carrot sticks, potato chips, baked beans, cinnamon apples, fruit gelatin, mashed potatoes or fresh banana

Kids' dirt dessert:

Sorbet Duo, minus the cookie, for our GF member (forgot to get a pic of the rest of the desserts, but they were all good:

The kids loved that there were so many choices on the kids' menu.
They also loved the theming...and it was a nice "boy" choice after spending so much time in "princessy" places.
We were very happy with all our choices, and would go again.

Glad to see you back! Enjoying your reviews :)

Thanks! Life got a little crazy soon after our trip when we found ourselves unexpectedly expecting #9. High risk pregnancy has meant a lot of doctor's visits. I'm thankful things are calm at the moment. Hoping to update more soon!

Yum! Looking forward to more!

I'm a work-at-home-homeschooling mom from Illinois! :)

Welcome! I love seeing all the homeschoolers here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter