Hi - my name is

itdjbw said:
Hi, I am glad this thread was bumped up, just had a look at your designs and do you mind if I use your white sox mickey one for DS, he is a white sox this season so thought I could do a shirt for him.

Go right ahead! That's what they're there for! :teeth:

I just realized I hadn't come over here and introduced myself formally.

My name is Theresa and I am Disney addict!!

I have 2 daughters Cassidy(13) and Abi(gail)(9). They share a birthday...May 14th. My husband's birthday is also in May, so I am all alone in July. 7/11/71

We are planning our first trip as a family to WDW this summer. My husband and I were last at WDW with our respective families at the same time weeks before Animal Kingdom opened. We have also done other things growing up at the same time. But it took going to college in Billings, MT for us to meet. We will celebrate 15 years on April 13th.

Disney movies, songs, characters, cartoons have always been a big part of our lives and now the DDA is a big part of mine. :love:

MinnieMouseMom said:
Go right ahead! That's what they're there for! :teeth:

Thanks, this may land up being the first shirt I get ironed on as first practice is Saturday.

kc10family said:
I have said hello on others threads, but I guess this is the official “admitting your and addict” thread. So here goes..

My name is KC10family (aka Paula) I didn’t know I was a Disney Freak until about a year ago. I didn’t know I was a design addict until just a month ago. I have yet to design my first transfer, but I have made may machine embroidered shirts, towels, pillowcases, baby blankets and burp cloths.

I can’t wait to get a program to design transfers, I have a few ideas and hope they turn out half as good as the designers here.

Welcome, Paula!! :wave2:

jennydep said:
HI! I'm Jenny and I'm quickly becoming a Disney Design Addict. I am SAHM to Mickey age 8 and Brad age 6. Mickey is being granted a wish trip in April and that is what has brought me here. I am making all sorts of shirts for the kids and a few for DH and me, too. Thanks to everyone who has customized designs for me. I really appreciate them and can't wait to finish making the rest that are being sent to me soon.

Welcome, Jenny! :wave2:

MickeyMamma said:
Guess I should pop over here and introduce myself.

My name is Alissa and I am from the NYC area. I live with DH, DS (4), and DD who will turn 1 in April.

I have been a Disney addict for most of my life, having grown up on the West Coast of Florida.

Over the past few years, I have been really into art and crafting and run a small embroidering and personalization business.

For my Disney trips, I have always made T-Shirts for us to wear for part of the trip, only I usually only had time to make 1 for each person in our group since I was embroidering each one. Now with all of your great designs here, we will have several shirts for our next trip (in April for DD's birthday).

Special thanks to those of you who have already helped me with some designs, especially ladylucca for the special design for DD. I hope to share some of my own designs in the near future.

Welcome, Alissa!! :wave2:

HI! :wave2: I'm Sunny (sconnell)! :sunny: Ok, I must be in a good mood, cause I've already used 2 smilies. lol. Anyway, I'm an addict. A Disney Addict, A DIS Addict, and now, A Design Addict! I'm 25 (or I will be at the end of the month). I've been married for 6 years to my high school sweetheart. (Yes, I know, and it is very young, but try to tell a girl who's been dating a guy for almost 5 years. :rolleyes1 ) I have an almost 4 year old DD and a 16 month old DS. My family is truely my "other" joy. :rotfl2: I live in Savannah, GA. I've been out of the loop for a while. I don't know why really. :confused3 I just couldn't DIS. Life was happening, I guess you could say. But then I found my magic again. :wizard: And when I came back, I found this new board! :woohoo:
I haven't designed any shirts for the boards yet. I have designed quite a few for work. lol. I work in ministry for a preschool & children's minister and a youth minister. I'll have to post a pic of some of my "other shirts." lol. Nothing exciting, but the youth were comparing them to Amercan Eagle or Abercrombie. (In look not, um, content. lol.)
Back to Disney, I went many times as a child, never stayed onsite. Lived 4 hours away, so quick trips were frequent. My parents were "older" when I was born (DM 36, but DD 58!). I was named by my dad, because I was to be the sunshine of his old age. (They say I lived up to it. :) ) We mostly took educational trips, Washington, Williamsburg, Jamestown, etc, so WDW was one of my early loves :love: Actually, my dad passed away last week, so I've been on the boards a lot lately trying to be near my happy place. (I tend to internalize, like my dad.) He was a judge and my mom always says I have his judicial temperament. lol. (I come out when disney is mentioned.)
Man, I'm so glad to have this board. But, I'm writing a book! Thanks for listening to me ramble! :rolleyes:

Ok, ok, I'm not usually this talkative, but I forgot to put what I meant to put. (Not normal for me either.) lol. But I just finished putting together DD's valentines and I wanted to show it to ya'll. I have a blog that I've put a couple of things on. The pics on there are a little grainy, but in real life, they are crystal clear. Something happened on the blog.
Sunny Smiles

Welcome Sunny! :wave2:

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :grouphug:

Second, you've stumble upon a great place! We'd love to see your designs, Disney or not! And your Valentine's (and your DD!) are adorable!

Stop by frequently! :goodvibes

~Jennifer

My name is lovesdumbo and I'm an accountant...and a DDA wannabe. I used to be more creative (before kids...). I used others' designs to make about 10 shirts for my Aug trip and a few more for my Oct trip. I'm going in late May to celebrate my oldest's birthday so there will be more shirts to make.

My DH of 21+years and I have DD(6), DS(5), and DD(3).

Hi, my name is alanapapa, aka Andrew, and I am a Disney Design Addict. I have been lurking here for a little while in denial. I am a true Disney-phile, I grew up in Southern California and made too many trips to DL to count (at lest three per year from K-8th grade), and then worked there for 3 years. I met my DW, Caropooh, while we both worked at DL. She was a CM for 15 years until we moved to Seattle Washington. D11 went to DL for the first time at 6 days to meet the CM who helped us name her. We made a number of trips to WDW before children came. We took our DD's (11 and 6) for their first WDW and DCL last July. I created a few door signs and DD11 made one too. I have made 8 or 9 soo far for the trip in March 2007 and have ideas for 10 to 15 more. I know I can't actually print and use all of them, but I am addicted. My DW and I have been married for 22 years this May. We are big fans of the 100 Acre Wood Crew (hence DW's name) and both DD's love the princesses. I am in awe of the creativity and helpfulness of this group.

My name is Teresa, I am in my mid 30's (some would say late 30's, but we won't go there.) I have lived in Southern Michigan for all my life. I have been married to my wonderful husband Brian, :love: since 1988, going on 18 years now! We have three children, Corey (boy) was born in 1992, Arminda (girl) born in 1998, and Lydia Rose born in 2002. Arminda and Lydia were named after their great-great grandmothers. Corey was named after Cory Hart :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: We have one dog, Makenzie, a 10 year old Brittany Spaniel, and a really sweet and cute kitten, who will be 1 in June named Foster (like the beer, my husband's doing).

I have been going to Disney World since it opened, and still love it just as much as ever. I always start crying when I see the castle come into view. My family is use to it by now, but strangers on the monorail look at me funny.

Hi :wave:

My name is Jodie, I am 27 years old and Disney mad :teeth: My trips are listed in my sig.

I live in Yorkshire, England with my DF whom I will be marrying in Orlando this October.

I have been browsing for a while looking for designs people may allow me to 'borrow' to iron onto t-shirts for my girls only trip to dlrp this Sept, I would design my own but am completly design challanged! :blush:

:sunny:

Jodie

Hi, my name is Marilou and even tho my 1st WDW trip was in 1983, I have only become a Disney addict a few years ago. I am a div mom of 2 wonderfull kiddos DD is 11 and son is 8. My traveling companions are my 2 kids and my mom, (who just went to WDW for the 1st time w/my kids & me back in 2003) and we are all nuts for everything Disney! We have our 3rd trip planned for this summer. 9 days in Orlando and our 1st DCL (3 nights) immediately following. I found the DCL magnetic door sign thread, which led me to this board. This board is awesome! I have made dozens of door signs for our 3 night cruise and am now also working on some t-shirt /sweatshirt designs.
I can't believe all the diff Disney art that is floating around....my son flipped when he saw Karate Mickey! We even made up a sign for his instructor. I wish I could share some designs I have done, but I failed miserably when I tried to use photobucket acct. and I dont know any other way to post pics (the old standby "copy & paste" doesnt seem to work)
I'm very glad to have "met" all of you here!
Marilou

Hey
I just noticed I went from "Earning my ears" to "Mousketeer" How did that happen?? lol Does it have to do with how many posts? (I'm still a newbie learning the ropes)
Marilou
ps There is a spot called "my pictures" How do I put pictures in it???

Marilou said:
Hey
I just noticed I went from "Earning my ears" to "Mousketeer" How did that happen?? lol Does it have to do with how many posts? (I'm still a newbie learning the ropes)
Marilou
ps There is a spot called "my pictures" How do I put pictures in it???

I think Mousketeer comes with 50 posts

I dont use the Dis photo boards as my DF made me my own so cant help you there i'm afraid, with my own boards once the pictures are loaded on the internet then I cut & paste the address putting
at the end.

:sunny:

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter