Hi everyone...i"ve been back a week..

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi all,
i've been back since the 10th but have been working ever since, still no day off since mother's day...but that's ok...i had a wonderful 1st solo trip:D :D dd and i are going back the 1st week of dec and i can hardly wait:bounce: :Pinkbounc i was a little nervous about this trip but am so glad i did it. at times i was a little lonely, missing dh whom i lost recently to cancer, but there were so many happy memories here too. i spent 6 nights at AKL then 7 nights at CSR and loved them both. weather was great. crowds were moderate, some days seemed really quiet then others seemed very busy. tried a lot of new restaurants, including a character meal and really loved Cirque du Soliel. enjoyed my very 1st massage too. i had a great first 10 days then was sick for 2 though, a very bad cold:( the second day of my cold i woke up and i had pink eye:( :( i wasn't sure what i would do, being solo and without a car, but disney took care of me:D i asked at the desk at csr where i might find a dr. and they drove me to the hospital, about a 20 min drive and came back to pick me up when i was ready. they do not charge for this and the drivers would not accept a tip. i was very impressed with the service they gave me.:D so...after my trip in dec with dd i think i will be planning my 2nd solo trip for next april:bounce: :Pinkbounc

katypop

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

sorry you got sick - it is rotten to get sick on vacation....

Sorry about your loss.

Katypop, I'm very sorry for your recent loss. What a pity you got sick during your holiday but it sounds like you didn't let it dampen your spirits - good for you! :D

By the way, I love the Swedish chef. I laugh so much when I hear him at the Muppet show.

Louise

Katypop, I'm sorry about your recent loss. I'm glad that you have wonderful memories to cherish. It's nice to hear that Disney was so helpful to you when you became ill. Many DISers will be down at WDW the first week in Dec. Maybe we'll see you and DD there.

thanks all,
hey louise, now that there is no where in mgm to have a character meal i think we should petition disney for a muppets character meal, complete with swedish chef LOL i think there would be a lot of people that would enjoy this and it ties in with their muppets 3D show:p

kathe:D

Katypop,

I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. I am also sorry to hear that you got sick on your vacation but I am glad you were at Disney when you did because they will help you if they can. I am still planning on visiting at the same time your going to Disney in Dec. and maybe we can meet one day for lunch or dinner while there.

Well if you get a little time, please post a trip report as I would love to read it. I'm glad you had a great time for several days and can't wait to read what you thought of your resorts and how you felt about moving during your vacation (I'll be doing this on my next one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter