HHI LOVERS THREAD

Studio with 2 kids is going to depend on age of kids. Little ones probably ok (although it probably means when they go to sleep everyone goes to sleep). Teens....not so sure - that would be sort of like camping but indoors.

We were supposed to be arriving there today. Unfortunately, my son broke his clavicle Monday, so we can’t go. I hope everyone there for Thanksgiving has an amazing time!
So sorry to read this. I hope he heals perfectly, and you can plan another vacation.

We were to arrive next Tuesday and had to cancel because of travel restrictions. We hope to return there in March.

So sorry to read this. I hope he heals perfectly, and you can plan another vacation.

We were to arrive next Tuesday and had to cancel because of travel restrictions. We hope to return there in March.
Thanks. The doc said he should be fine, just have to keep it immobilized for a while.

I’m an SSR owner from NY and have no concrete Disney plans until the Covid situation improves. I have some points expiring in July and contemplating options.
One option I’m thinking about is to have my college daughter take some of her college friends for a weekend at HH (she goes to college at Univ of South Carolina).

Is there enough to do there for young adults?

my two daughters 22 and 26 love going .They hit a lot of happy hour places that have people playing music .They want to go every year but then again I picking up the tab

For anyone interested or concerned. Hilton Head Island (local government) has extended the mask mandate 60 days, as of 12/2/2020.

When we were at HHI last week, we were welcomed onto the Island by 2 flashing yellow lit signs in the median, reminding us to wear our masks "It's the Law" Anyone who's noted the quaint, little unlit signs you usually see on HHI will be amazed They take their mask mandate seriously!

When we were at HHI last week, we were welcomed onto the Island by 2 flashing yellow lit signs in the median, reminding us to wear our masks "It's the Law" Anyone who's noted the quaint, little unlit signs you usually see on HHI will be amazed They take their mask mandate seriously!
Yep, they've been there for many weeks and, by the looks of the continuing pandemic, will be there for many more weeks to come.

Planning a trip next summer for 3 or 4 nights. Planning 2 beach/pool days, but would like to do some sort of boat cruise/tour.

Seashells and dolphins are my goals - any recommendations for where to look for tour companies?

Also, are there beach chairs available for rent, and if so, anyone have the prices?

Finally, for those that bring their own chairs, do you take Disney transport to the beach or drive yourself? I believe there is limited parking. We are driving but have one 4 year old and one with extremely limited mobility (and a handicap pass), so I'm not sure how best to accommodate him.

Thanks! Super excited to score a studio at the 7 month mark for this trip. I booked a handicap accessible room specifically to get a studio with an elevator.

Planning a trip next summer for 3 or 4 nights. Planning 2 beach/pool days, but would like to do some sort of boat cruise/tour.

Seashells and dolphins are my goals - any recommendations for where to look for tour companies?

Also, are there beach chairs available for rent, and if so, anyone have the prices?

Finally, for those that bring their own chairs, do you take Disney transport to the beach or drive yourself? I believe there is limited parking. We are driving but have one 4 year old and one with extremely limited mobility (and a handicap pass), so I'm not sure how best to accommodate him.

Thanks! Super excited to score a studio at the 7 month mark for this trip. I booked a handicap accessible room specifically to get a studio with an elevator.
Check with Outside Hilton Head for the dolphin tour. I believe others do them, as well, but they're a very reputable company.

Disney does not rent chairs or umbrellas, but you can do so through the lifeguards who are on the beach in season. Unsure of the exact rates, but they're reasonable as I recall. They set them up for you, and all you do is show up and claim your chairs/umbrella. You can take your own chairs on the free Disney shuttle; however, there can be limited room, especially if we're still under pandemic policies which it looks like we will be at this point. Yes, parking is limited should you drive yourself, but if you get to the beach relatively early in the morning, you probably won't have an issue. Both pools (Big Dipper and Beach House) have handicap lift chairs for entry into the pool if needed.

This resort is such a relaxing place; you don't get the rushing around, hectic feel one feels during most trips to WDW. Have fun on your trip! Oh, and others may chime in with better updates, but hopefully this reply will at least help a little.

Check with Outside Hilton Head for the dolphin tour. I believe others do them, as well, but they're a very reputable company.

Second for the Outside Hilton Head tour! It's right across the marina (just few minutes bike ride from the resort. We did the Daufuskie Island tour (it's only accessible via boat) and saw dolphins, white pelicans, and the 2 lighthouses on the way. It was a lovely tour.

Personally, I think I would drive to the Beach House, if I were you. Parking is limited, but if you have a handicap placard, you should (hopefully) be able to find a spot. FYI, not sure of the ability of your family member, but we did note, they have a sand wheelchair available.

Personally, I think I would drive to the Beach House, if I were you. Parking is limited, but if you have a handicap placard, you should (hopefully) be able to find a spot. FYI, not sure of the ability of your family member, but we did note, they have a sand wheelchair available.
That is true. There is a sand wheelchair (hard inner tube style wheels) inside the Beach House. Great point!

Hey All! Has anyone heard updates on what the resort has planned for New Years Eve and Day?

My family and I are getting pretty desperate for an escape - I’m contemplating visiting HH in MARCH, in four months. I know it’ll be way too cold for the beach... but I read the pool is heated. Mid March when the kids have some time off school, they are 6 & 8. Are we absolutely insane? They love swimming but I’m worried even with the pool heated it’ll just be too cold. Would love feedback!

My family and I are getting pretty desperate for an escape - I’m contemplating visiting HH in MARCH, in four months. I know it’ll be way too cold for the beach... but I read the pool is heated. Mid March when the kids have some time off school, they are 6 & 8. Are we absolutely insane? They love swimming but I’m worried even with the pool heated it’ll just be too cold. Would love feedback!

We just got back. My son, 7, made it into the pool once. He probably would have gone in more, if we let him. I feel like March in Hilton Head should be nice, I would bet 70s, maybe even warmer. The pool is heated. I think it should be fine. FYI the pool is closed under 50 degrees F, taking wind chill into account. We walked on the beach a lot. We did a number of the crafts and pool-side games. We brought our bikes, although you could rent if you wanted. We loved it, even in the cool December weather. I vote go!

March is a mixed bag, so there is no way of knowing if it will be warmer or cooler unlike, say, July, when you know it will be hot. As smoof says above, the pool is heated--supposedly to 84F--but if the ambient "feels like" temperature isn't at least 50F, then the Big Dipper Pool won't allow swimmers. Conversely, the pool at the Beach House would be available (it, too, is heated) since there are no lifeguards on duty there.

If you look at the average temperatures for March, you'll see that it's higher than the averages for Dec-Feb, so your odds are fairly good that the ambient temperature will be high enough to get in the pools. Again, those are averages, so particular dates in March are tough to predict. There are many other activities for kids to do, as well, so I wouldn't worry too much if there were a day or two when you couldn't get in the pool.

You may have already looked at availability, but I should add that HHI is a tough get starting around spring break through Labor Day. And it may be even harder now as occupancy rates here are hovering close to 100% as many DVC owners who don't want to head to WDW still want to experience a little bit of Disney in a fun area. Best of luck to you and with your decision!

We did the Daufuski Island tour from the resort, and it was wonderful if you are interested at all in the history of the area. We saw plenty of dolphins on the trip to and from that area.

We were at Hilton Head last January and we were in the pool every day. I doubt you will have any issues in March unless a freak winter storm hits. We are going back this year for New Years and our suits are packed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter