HHI LOVERS THREAD

SkullCreek is part of SERG so the info above should apply. You're right, they do not take reservations. Tried to stop on my way onto the island last Wednesday evening and couldn't get into the parking lot, even at Dockside. It was later that I tried Poseidon and realized the disappointing SERG policy.

Heard great things about Skullcreek...when is the best time to go? Anytime we have tried, the wait is impossible! No reservations or call ahead there for a small party, correct? Thnx!

SkullCreek is part of SERG so the info above should apply. You're right, they do not take reservations. Tried to stop on my way onto the island last Wednesday evening and couldn't get into the parking lot, even at Dockside. It was later that I tried Poseidon and realized the disappointing SERG policy.
Seems like one would have to go to dinner at something like 3pm haha to get near there!

Seems like one would have to go to dinner at something like 3pm haha to get near there!
We usually try to go for a late lunch after the beach and definitely not on the weekends. Disappointed about Serg and the mask situation. It may be takeout this year for us.

Since Mayor Demings issued an executive order starting this past Sat morning, must comment that everyone in the grocery store today was masked. Liked the fact that Walmart has a huge sign by entrance stating the Orange County Executive order that in a public place, masks are required in case customers are not aware! Wish that Mayor Demings issued the order about a month ago instead of expecting people to voluntary comply and maybe there would not have been such an uptick of cases. Very pleased that restaurant servers over the weekend and patrons(about 90 percent) were masked!

While Skull Creek Boathouse does not take reservations, Skull Creek Dockside does. But finding a parking space is difficult there, too.

Heard great things about Skullcreek...when is the best time to go? Anytime we have tried, the wait is impossible! No reservations or call ahead there for a small party, correct? Thnx!
It's our favorite; however, we avoided it this past week as social media posts (their own) showed it to be packed. We drove by it twice, and cars were typically stacked up in their parking lot. Not sure you can do much social distancing there. Still no reservations. We've had some success with going around 4 p.m. right before the huge crowds hit. We've sat at the bar twice and outdoor a couple of times in addition to the indoor seating. It's a good place but always busy. Oh, if you show up early for their brunch on Sunday morning, then you might not have to wait as long. That, too, has worked for us in the past. However, until the coronavirus becomes a more of an historical issue than a current event, we'll not likely go back to Skull Creek.

It's our favorite; however, we avoided it this past week as social media posts (their own) showed it to be packed. We drove by it twice, and cars were typically stacked up in their parking lot. Not sure you can do much social distancing there. Still no reservations. We've had some success with going around 4 p.m. right before the huge crowds hit. We've sat at the bar twice and outdoor a couple of times in addition to the indoor seating. It's a good place but always busy. Oh, if you show up early for their brunch on Sunday morning, then you might not have to wait as long. That, too, has worked for us in the past. However, until the coronavirus becomes a more of an historical issue than a current event, we'll not likely go back to Skull Creek.
Yes, not interested in mulling around even if outside in big crowds during pandemic waiting for table...not worth it.

If anyone on this thread is at the resort this week, it would be nice if you posted a picture of this week's activities sheet. Someone posted the one from last week, and it would be interesting to see if there are any changes.

One thing I'm particularly curious about is the very limited operation for Signals (Friday through Sunday only). I'm hoping it is open for more days by the time we go there in mid-July. We eat there more than Tide Me Over (which apparently is open every day).

If anyone on this thread is at the resort this week, it would be nice if you posted a picture of this week's activities sheet. Someone posted the one from last week, and it would be interesting to see if there are any changes.

One thing I'm particularly curious about is the very limited operation for Signals (Friday through Sunday only). I'm hoping it is open for more days by the time we go there in mid-July. We eat there more than Tide Me Over (which apparently is open every day).
A CM told me the Activities sheet this week will be the same as last week, and that it will remain the same for the near future as they are limited as to what they can do.

Looking into buying points for HHI is the beach house open year around. Thanks for any help!!!

I'm watching for the same reason. Plus drinking...LOL

Can anyone that's been very recently tell me if they sell the new metal refillable mugs there? If so, do they have any new designs? Also, and I realize this may be crazy, I remember reading that if you bring your mug back you can reactivate it. We have two of the metal ones that I use constantly and would love to just bring them along. Thanks!

I, for one, hope that's true. We heard there wasn't much mask wearing, and were rethinking our trip since we're very pro-mask.
We were there the day the resort opened. The first couple of days, hardly anyone wasn't wearing a mask around the property except in the pool which is exempt. By days three and four, we saw several adults and many children walking around the grounds without them. There were still more who did than didn't, but it was disturbing to see guest already flouting the rules. . .rules not suggestions. Management CMs would ask people to put them on when they saw the non-mask wearers, but they can't be everywhere. And we saw two young men (20s) walking along the boardwalk, and a manager kindly asked them to put on a mask. They did. . .until the manager walked off and one of them took off his mask and continued on his way. Short of upsetting guest with constant nagging, I don't see how Disney can do much more. Still, relying on people to do the right thing, be polite, and obey the rules clearly isn't going to work, either.

I waitlisted a few nights mid-July after our Memorial day week reservation didn't happen, and I just got an email today that it came through! So happy that we will be able to go to DHHIR this summer, even knowing it won't be exactly the same.

Like others have said - I really hope they extend the days that Signals is open. It doesn't make any sense to only have it open on the weekends when the resort is fully booked. Also hoping that the fireworks come back!

Re thinking our July trip. Concerned about lack of masks in grocery stores, restaurants on the island. Since Mayor Demings , Orange County enacted Executive Order of mandatory mask wearing in all public places, from what we have seen, compliance is significantly increased. Really wish he had enacted this a few weeks ago, perhaps cases and hospitalizations wouldn't be increasing as it has. If anyone is currently at HHI Disney, about what percent occupancy would you say resort is now?
Much thanks in advance! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter