HHI- 9/25

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
Both of us are teachers and we needed a one night vacation after this crazy school year so far.
We were able to get a 1 bedroom villa at DHHIR for Saturday during the week of on their website.
(It was cheaper than using/renting points!) :car:

We arrived early at the resort before check in time and rented bikes from DHHIR.
Rode to the beach house and ate an excellent lunch there at the Sandbar with a mickey shaved ice! 🏖
Rode back to the resort and got the text about our room being ready.

This was our first stay in a 1 bedroom, since normally we stay in a studio.
Our room was 1113 in the Live Oak Lodge.
We had the largest balcony I have ever seen at DHHIR!
The room/location was awesome and we enjoyed having the extra room.

We enjoyed our afternoon relaxing by the pool with a few special dole whips and Mickey pretzels and beignets. :mickeyjum
We tried the specialty fall food at the Live Oak Lodge and enjoyed it!

It was cool to ride our bikes to Poseidon for dinner.
Weather was perfect!
When we returned from dinner, we had a special gift from a cast member at Broad Creek Mercantile on our door!:earseek:

Breakfast at Tide Me Over was awesome with special fall pumpkin spice waffles and 50th anniversary donut!
We enjoyed a final Beach House bike ride.
We bought a 50th anniversary bag from the Mercantile and checked our dvd rentals back in.

After checking out, we ate lunch at Tide Me Over and enjoyed the special Totchos and holiday sandwich!
While looking at future availability during lunch on the deck, we booked a 2 bedroom on Mothers Day at DHHIR!

Positives of the trip:
- Cast Members are the best!
-Weather!
-Disney food!

Negatives of the trip:
-1 bedroom makes me wants to buy extra DVC points...:teacher:
-1 night stay made me want to play hooky from school and stay another night

Overall, the 1 night vacation was awesome and I highly recommend staying at DHHIR!

The 1 Bedrooms at Hilton Head are the best for saying "You can never go back to a studio". We had a few extra points one year, so we decided to stay in a 1 Bedroom for just one night, "just this once". Right after that we bought more points. But then one year we were running short, so we tried to go back to a studio. Boy, did I B***** and M*** all week we were there. Beginning with "Where's the front entry way with Mickey and Minnie's carvings?", to everything else, it was the last time in a studio. Good luck!

The 1 Bedrooms at Hilton Head are the best for saying "You can never go back to a studio". We had a few extra points one year, so we decided to stay in a 1 Bedroom for just one night, "just this once". Right after that we bought more points. But then one year we were running short, so we tried to go back to a studio. Boy, did I B***** and M*** all week we were there. Beginning with "Where's the front entry way with Mickey and Minnie's carvings?", to everything else, it was the last time in a studio. Good luck!

I love the 1 bedrooms! (And the 2 bedrooms and the 3 bedrooms.)

But, I love the studios also because they are so nice and large! Plus most have a great kitchenette.

I have a studio booked in March and now that I've canceled another trip and have an extra hundred or so points to spend, I need to put in a waitlist, just in case!

I'm not sure adding on more points is a con! ;) That being said I LOVE HHI and I have been trying to convince my DH we need to add on there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!