• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH restaurants...any recommendations?

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations for HH? My DH likes seafood, but I don't so we need a restaurant that serves both seafood and chicken or steak. Any recommendations? Anyone use restaurant.com for certificates at HH? Anyone been to Parrot Cove? Was it any good?

There are a couple of options within walking distance of the resort- just across the bridge are Scott's Fishmarket and The Kingfisher. Both offer a full menu selection. The Harbourmaster is also within walking distance- also in the Shelter Cove area.

Also nice would be Alexanders, The Old Fort Pub and Cafe Europa but you'll need to drive to those. At checkin, you will get a booklet with all of the dining options at HH (there are about 300 to choose from). Some offer a discount for HH guests (show your room key). I'm sure you'll find something to everyone's liking.

Enjoy!

For upscale, we agree with Cafe Europa (we went for lunch when you can see the water and boats better-and prices are lower), Old Fort Pub. For family fare, Hudson's and Captain's Seafood (not everyone likes it but we do). For a place that looks like a dive, but Rachel Ray(Food Network) recommends for good, fresh seafood, the Sea Shack on Pope Avenue.

We recently spent a few nights at HH. A reasonable family spot for lunch or dinner is Guiseppi's at the Shelter Cove Plaza. We had mixed reviews for the Salty Dog Cafe. We also liked Aunt Chilada's for Tex-Mex style food.

We like Hofbrauhaus. Excellent German food but also American cuisine available. The restaurant has been on the island for years and has a large local following.

Personally, I think the restaurants in Hilton Head are overrated. Maybe I am just a food snob close enough to NYC to have the chance to eat at some really fabulous restaurants frequently. That said, I do highly reccommend Stripes. It's the best restaurant I've eaten at on the island. We love it so much that we are hosting my father-in-law's 80th birthday party there in December. Another restaurant that we like a lot is Redfish. Have fun!

IMO there are many fine restaurants in HH, the above are a good start but by no means a complete list. I one is accustomed to high priced fine dining, there is little in HH that will compare. But if you want reasonable and very nice places or family friendly restaurants, HH is a Meca. And if one works the system correctly, HH can be a very inexpensive place to eat out by taking advantage of early bird specials, coupons and discounts, many of which can be combined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter