He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

What a jam packed morning! That's the same stage where we play too. Disney does a great job on production and makes it seem really special.

It's a neat space

Great score on the RSR FPs! I wouldn't have guessed there would have been any left at that time of day.

I was completely shocked

Brunch sounded pretty good at Brennans, we have yet to eat there for anything other than appetizers.

I've had dinner there as well, it was quite good albeit a bit on the pricey side.

Awesome news on the AP, score on the extra few months!

Definite score that completely enabled me to add the PHM to the agenda!

Wow, you got a lot accomplished that morning! Yay for the extra months on your AP! That's an awesome bonus!

It was! I likely would not be doing PHM without it.

Ahh, the deliciousness that is chicken fried meat....A southern and midwest staple!

When it's done right...YUM!

The concert looked great...Disney does have a nice set up.

They really do

Glad they still had FPs for RSR!

Jill in CO
Me too!

Wow, you guys certainly pack it in!!! Great that everyone wanted to go to the Easter service but a little planning would have been helpful. That drunken truck driver sounds awful :(

Showered, packed up, checked out/in, AND breakfast before the band played? Extra WOW!

Well we were up at 5:30 am :rotfl2:

Glad everything worked out with your pass, and bonus for the extra four months!

Me too!

Very cool about Evan's band :) did he have fun?

That wasn't his band. It was his school's orchestra. Evan is in the marching band but it was one giant group trip, with 2 different group performances. One being the orchestra performance and the other, the marching band heading down main street. That's why Evan was there watching and there aren't a bazillion pictures.

:rotfl2:

All caught up!! What a crazy getting-ready-to-leave process and thank heavens you didn't have to get up early for the airport! I love how you ran into so many other families on the flight, I bet that doesn't happen for all their band trips ;)

It made for a fun plane ride!

The Grand looks absolutely stunning. Stinks on the room location but like you said, at least it was only for one night. That food at DTD looks fan-freaking-tastic!

Sunrise service looks beautiful, I'm glad you were able to make it in time. Sounds like you had a great run too, it seems like beautiful scenery to look at.

Holy cow that brunch! Yum yum yum - that pork especially looks divine. Now I'm getting hungry!

That premiere passport looks so stinkin cool - I think I've only ever seen a handful of photos of it!

It was a great morning!

I love that area of the park the band played at, so colorful and cool. :cool1::cool1: for 4 extra months of Disney time!! Perhaps another LSP is a-brewin? Topping that off with RSR FPs to boot, you had some great Easter luck!

Yep, the LSP is called the PHM! The extra 4 months completely enabled that to happen!

We had a great Easter and it's just getting started!

I'm always amazed at how much activity you can pack into a morning while on vacation! :rotfl2: The sunrise service looks like such a special event - nice you could make it over there.

Well we were up at 5:30 am. And have only gone on one ride. :rotfl2:

Your Premier pass is sparkly! I know it will be put to good use!:yay:

It IS sparkly!

But you're at the Grand Californian! Beats the view from the office anyday.:thumbsup2

True, dat.

Not a sports bar fan, I guess?

Nope. Not that kind anyway. Brewpub, smaller scale, where I'll love the food and the sports is a nice feature but not the main event is more my style. This is gouging for bad drinks and sensory overload (in my opinion lol).

Sounds like a win-win! I love the idea of a sunrise Easter service on the beach. Sounds really cool.

It was a lot warmer than it would have been at home that is for sure. And honestly we've not gone in years, Jeff is not a fan of the o'dark thirty on the beach thing so we've been doing the traditional service. It was a nice thing to do again with my folks.

The Beef Company, or Baskin-Robbins?

It's actually a brewpub :rotfl2:

It sure sounds like it! All of breakfast looked really good. And I love that there's a dish that exists called "Pork Debris". :rotfl2:

Me too! that's why I got it. Although I would have liked an egg or 2 on top of it. Not that I needed that but I'd have liked it.

And you get to ride at night!

:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I hear that's a side effect of ordering mahi-mahi in Hawaiian burger joints. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You did get a lot done that morning. But then, I guess starting out at 5.30 am would give you all that extra time!
I've always wondered what breakfast at RBJK would be like. Now I know. It's on my list for next time.

Amazing what can be done when you get up at 5:30 am! The brunch was lovely.

Looks like the band scrubbed up well. They look so professional in the formal blacks. Glad you all got to go experience that.

The orchestra kids always seem to clean up well. They lucked out though. They got to play in covered shade and were not in full wool dress kilts like Evan and the rest of the marching band would be later that day.....in full sun.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your day.

It was a full one!!!

Such a nice Easter service on the beach!

It was!

He's never tried Chicken Fried Steak?! Mom, what are you thinking never making it for him!? ;) All the dishes do look great there though and so does that Bloody Mary.

I have never made it, it seems wrong to do that to perfectly good steak! The bloody mary hit the spot for sure.

Glad the kids played great at their performance.

They really did! I think I have video somewhere but then again that might be of just the marching band.

What an absolute SCORE on the extra 4 months!!! :cool1::cool1: You know what this means right?? You've got to squeeze in an extra Disney trip at some point. Can't let those months go to waste :hyper:

I did squeeze one in! Or have one planned at any rate, PHM!!!!

I dislike driving on vacation, too, but since DH is a much better navigator (I'm a bad map reader), sometimes I must drive.

We haven't been to DL since Radiator Springs, it looks so well themed! I love Cars.

Fingers crossed for your room requests!

That wasn't his band. It was his school's orchestra. Evan is in the marching band but it was one giant group trip, with 2 different group performances. One being the orchestra performance and the other, the marching band heading down main street. That's why Evan was there watching and there aren't a bazillion pictures.

:rotfl2:

Ahhhhhh! :) nice that you made a point to see the orchestra too. I was wondering what I missed :laughing:

I've never been to a sunrise service but that one looks awesome! He is risen indeed!

Did you actually run in the sand or was there path? I ran on vacation this year in Destin and I was always scared to try it in the sand.

I can't believe Eric had never tried chicken fried steak! It's a staple in the South. :)

FP's for RSR and 4 extra months on your Premier Pass? You should have bought a lottery ticket. Lol.

The rest of your morning was packed! I am very impressed.

I dislike driving on vacation, too, but since DH is a much better navigator (I'm a bad map reader), sometimes I must drive.

I am directionally challenged as well! Ok with a GPS but on my own, not good. Dyslexic. Jeff would rather drive but then gets mad if I'm not navigating...even though he knows I am not good unless the gps is on.

We haven't been to DL since Radiator Springs, it looks so well themed! I love Cars.

Fingers crossed for your room requests!

They did an amazing job with it. There will be LOTS more pictures of the area.

Ahhhhhh! :) nice that you made a point to see the orchestra too. I was wondering what I missed :laughing:

Yep, I knew several of the kids and we wanted to support the whole school, not just "our" band.

I've never been to a sunrise service but that one looks awesome! He is risen indeed!

It really was lovely! There is something magical about watching the sun rise during Easter service. I was really glad we made the effort, as early as it was, it was absolutely worth it.

Did you actually run in the sand or was there path? I ran on vacation this year in Destin and I was always scared to try it in the sand.

Nope, on the path next to the sand! There are beaches where I would try it, ones where the beach is actually a legal road as the sand is so hard (lower WA Coast, part of OR) but other than that I wouldn't want all that sand in my shoes, the possibility of them getting wet or worse, the instability of the sand. I think to do it right you'd need to be barefoot maybe and that would be a workout of a different kind.

I can't believe Eric had never tried chicken fried steak! It's a staple in the South. :)

It is not something you would commonly find on a menu here, at all. It may well have been the first time he even could have tried it for that very reason.

FP's for RSR and 4 extra months on your Premier Pass? You should have bought a lottery ticket. Lol.

The rest of your morning was packed! I am very impressed.

I SHOULD have bought a lottery ticket, you are so right! If you think about it, it wasn't really that much given that we were up at 5:30 am!

What a fantastic morning!!!

I hate driving too, especially on vacation. For the most part we are able to avoid doing that, but when we were in Maui over the summer we had to rent a car for the first time in 10 year.

I'm glad the everyone joined you for the sunrise service. It sounds like a really nice event to experience with family.

Brunch looked awesome. I was going to say sounded awesome, but it sounds like the sounds were not the ones you were expecting.

How special to see the orchestra performing at DL.

:cloud9:

That is an awesome score to get the RSR FP and the WoC FP as well so late in the day. Be interesting to see if you are able to pull that off...

:cheer2:

Nice photopass pictures.

Well we were up at 5:30 am. And have only gone on one ride. :rotfl2:

Did I miss this? What ride? Or are you referring to the trip to the beach?

:goodvibes

I bet you were bursting with pride.

For him stopping by or for the orchestra performance? Evan wasn't in the orchestra but I was thrilled for those kids and the school overall. It was a very very pleasant surprise to have him stop by the table in the evening for sure.

What a fantastic morning!!!

I hate driving too, especially on vacation. For the most part we are able to avoid doing that, but when we were in Maui over the summer we had to rent a car for the first time in 10 year.

Depending on where you are in Maui, some of those roads are scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff loves it and I, at times, close my eyes.

I'm glad the everyone joined you for the sunrise service. It sounds like a really nice event to experience with family.

It really was!

Brunch looked awesome. I was going to say sounded awesome, but it sounds like the sounds were not the ones you were expecting.

No, the sounds weren't. Which sounds mean but it's a JAZZ kitchen. I wanted jazz. I love jazz!

How special to see the orchestra performing at DL.

:cloud9:

It was!

That is an awesome score to get the RSR FP and the WoC FP as well so late in the day. Be interesting to see if you are able to pull that off...

:cheer2:

Nice photopass pictures.

Yes it will, especially since we got up at 5:30! I can't believe we got them both.

Did I miss this? What ride? Or are you referring to the trip to the beach?

Oops! When I originally wrote the update it went a little farther into the day and as I was putting in pictures, I realized I was missing all from my camera. Had my phone, and my mom's camera but not my camera. So had to stop, upload, sort...OY! There are a LOT of pictures from this day overall. So...stopped the update slightly earlier as a result.

But you can feel free to guess what ride was next!

Oops! When I originally wrote the update it went a little farther into the day and as I was putting in pictures, I realized I was missing all from my camera. Had my phone, and my mom's camera but not my camera. So had to stop, upload, sort...OY! There are a LOT of pictures from this day overall. So...stopped the update slightly earlier as a result.

But you can feel free to guess what ride was next!

Since you are right there in Carsland, I'm going with Luigi's tires.

But if not that, then you meandered over to Tower of Terror.

:)

For him stopping by or for the orchestra performance? Evan wasn't in the orchestra but I was thrilled for those kids and the school overall. It was a very very pleasant surprise to have him stop by the table in the evening for sure.

I clearly ready something wrong there :guilty:

The Easter service seems like a nice way to start the day. The drama leading up to getting there was no fun, but seems like it was a nice morning anyway.

Congrats on getting the extra 4 months on the AP! That's a pleasant surprise!

Since you are right there in Carsland, I'm going with Luigi's tires.

But if not that, then you meandered over to Tower of Terror.

:)

Good guesses...and close but...nope.

I clearly ready something wrong there :guilty:

I don't think I was clear, I guess I figured everyone knew he was in the MB not orchestra. You weren't the only one who was confused, it was definitely me not being clear. It will be kind of funny by contrast though as the proportion of pictures, etc, of the orchestra compared to when we get to the band....

night and day.

:lmao:

The Easter service seems like a nice way to start the day. The drama leading up to getting there was no fun, but seems like it was a nice morning anyway.

We all were relieved to arrive intact but once there, it was a lovely
morning!

Congrats on getting the extra 4 months on the AP! That's a pleasant surprise!

It was! And clearly I've used it....I was "cornered" twice in 2 days by different groups of people at different events commenting how much I am at Disney. LOL!

It's going to be a sad day when it expires...

Well, Happy Easter! Sounds so nice to be at the beach for a sunrise service. Doesn't happen here. Usually it's still snowing around Easter! HA!

Kudos to you for getting a run in too.

No Jazz at the JAZZ Kitchen? Is that legal?

Extra 4 months on the AP sounds awesome! Glad that you will be putting that to good use! When is that PHM again?

Well, Happy Easter! Sounds so nice to be at the beach for a sunrise service. Doesn't happen here. Usually it's still snowing around Easter! HA!

Well it's not snowing here but Easter is usually pretty chilly. We do still have the beach service but Jeff has been vetoing it for the more traditional one later. If we are lucky we do have an easter egg hunt outside at our house and hang on our deck a little with everyone but it's hit or miss.

Kudos to you for getting a run in too.

Well it was really the only opportunity all week and it was the beach! I had to run if I could.

No Jazz at the JAZZ Kitchen? Is that legal?

It shouldn't be

Extra 4 months on the AP sounds awesome! Glad that you will be putting that to good use! When is that PHM again?

PHM is president's weekend :thumbsup2

It's Easter Sunday. We've been at DL for less than 24 hours but still have yet to go on a ride!

What’s up first?

How about....

This!

None of us had ever been on it. Of course none of us had ever been to Carsland before so that wasn't really surprising.

Whatever mom, put the camera away!

We found our tractor and got going. Eric was miserable.

And decided to take pictures of each other!

There are some pretty views from the ride itself

What you can’t get across in pictures is how silly fun this ride is. The soundtrack alone cracks me up, Mater has his own song he sings and it’s hysterical! It is just fun spinning around. Not really like a teacup but if you don't like spinning you might want to skip it. We loved it!

After, we hit one of the shops that was reputed to have Planes merchandise. Which is SHOCKINGLY lacking everywhere in my opinion.

LOVED this

But it was only in a childs size

Cute, but we don't actually have antennas on our cars anymore!

We decided to try and hitch a ride

But it didn't get us anywhere.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Continued from previous

You can get stuck easily

And have a great view!

I am SO glad we went on this. It is short. It has its issues for sure. It was fun, but a bit frustrating, a bit short and yeah, ultimately a little bit boring after you did it once. Not a huge driver for repeat traffic. Which is sad as it is so cute. Apparently it's been cut and will go away. I am grateful I had the chance to ride it on this trip, and then again in August.

Where next? Oh lets wander, it’s so pretty back here!

Still full but loved the theming here

Our first "real" glimpse of radiator racers

This would be us later tonight!

Just like visiting a national park!

Mind your speed!

Can you take too many pictures of this area?

Mater drove by

She seems taken aback!

With that, and knowing we'd be back later that evening for RSR we decided to move on. But to where?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter