He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

What’s up first?

How about....

This!

What the heck. When in Rome...

We found our tractor and got going. Eric was miserable.

Not a fan of tractors?

I am SO glad we went on this. It is short. It has its issues for sure. It was fun, but a bit frustrating, a bit short and yeah, ultimately a little bit boring after you did it once. Not a huge driver for repeat traffic. Which is sad as it is so cute. Apparently it's been cut and will go away.

Seems like a lot of people weren't too thrilled with it. We didn't get the chance to try it on our trip. Too many other things to do!

Where next? Oh lets wander, it’s so pretty back here!

Still full but loved the theming here

Cars Land theming is incredible!

Just like visiting a national park!

I thought that was such a neat touch!:thumbsup2

Can you take too many pictures of this area?

No. No, you can't.

Your pictures really convey how much fun you guys were having, I love it!!!!

I was surprised how much I liked Mater's ride, it had me laughing and laughing!

I sadly didn't try Luigi's, too bad they're taking it out already.

Carsland is just amazing.

I like Mader's ride, glad you had fun on it!

It's sad that Luigi's ride didn't work out as planned, but I'll be interested to see what goes there in its place.

I love those National park style signs! I wonder how many people actually stop and take the time to read them. I bet the imagineers had a lot of fun with those.

I think Mater's is a lot of fun as well. Glad you liked it.

You captured wonderful images of Carsland. It's such a great land and the Imagineers really got it right.

Looks like everyone is having a great time.

What the heck. When in Rome...

It was a GREAT first ride!

Not a fan of tractors?

He thinks it's funny to look like that when I try to take a picture. Me, not so much.

Seems like a lot of people weren't too thrilled with it. We didn't get the chance to try it on our trip. Too many other things to do!

You had a LOT to pack in to a very short time.

Cars Land theming is incredible!

I thought that was such a neat touch!:thumbsup2

No. No, you can't.

It really is and we spent a TON of time soaking up the details and really reading all the national park type touches, so amazingly creative and fun!

Your pictures really convey how much fun you guys were having, I love it!!!!

It was a blast!

I was surprised how much I liked Mater's ride, it had me laughing and laughing!

Exactly, between that song and the ride itself, it's just infectious!

I sadly didn't try Luigi's, too bad they're taking it out already.

Carsland is just amazing.

I'm glad I tried Luigi's but honestly the queue is cooler than the ride itself.

I like Mader's ride, glad you had fun on it!

It's sad that Luigi's ride didn't work out as planned, but I'll be interested to see what goes there in its place.

Me too, I love the queue and hope they can do something with it. Mater's ride is a blast and a half!

I love those National park style signs! I wonder how many people actually stop and take the time to read them. I bet the imagineers had a lot of fun with those.

We spent a lot of time there, absolutely loved it. Fun fun reading and some actual education mixed in. Brilliant.

I think Mater's is a lot of fun as well. Glad you liked it.

It was a happy ride all around.

You captured wonderful images of Carsland. It's such a great land and the Imagineers really got it right.

They really did!

Looks like everyone is having a great time.

That we are :goodvibes

Always loved spending time in Carsland. So many details.

I love Mater's tow trucks as well. Like the tilt a whirl without the tilting, a nice whip ride.

After seeing the structure under Luigi's in the time lapse build, I wonder what will become of it. :confused3

They have to preserve the entrance as it is part of the Carsland landscape.

Wow... I love the theming of Carsland. Bombard us with as many pictures as you care to!

It is a shame that Luigi's Flying Tires are going away already. Well... I think. I've never been able to try it myself, and I'm not too terribly upset by that, but it does look like something different that would be nice to try at least once!

I didn't realize they had the signs like a national park there. I think your TR must be the first time I've seen that touch. That just goes to show the incredible amount of detail that Disney puts into everything.

Always loved spending time in Carsland. So many details.

They really got it right!

I love Mater's tow trucks as well. Like the tilt a whirl without the tilting, a nice whip ride.

Hmmn, never thought about it that way

After seeing the structure under Luigi's in the time lapse build, I wonder what will become of it. :confused3

They have to preserve the entrance as it is part of the Carsland landscape.

That's true on the entrance. It will be very interesting. I imagine that could easily be converted to merchandise but another ride certainly makes more space.

Wow... I love the theming of Carsland. Bombard us with as many pictures as you care to!

It is a shame that Luigi's Flying Tires are going away already. Well... I think. I've never been able to try it myself, and I'm not too terribly upset by that, but it does look like something different that would be nice to try at least once!

Great idea, difficult execution and the thrill versus frustration factor is out of balance.

I didn't realize they had the signs like a national park there. I think your TR must be the first time I've seen that touch. That just goes to show the incredible amount of detail that Disney puts into everything.

The signs were wonderful! The creativity put into each segment was just outstanding. We had so much fun reading them. Of course we are national park junkies so that helps.

Loved your update with Mater and Luigi's rides. The pictures are great and I especially love the ones with either smiles or cameras up to your faces or both!

We never did try Mater's spinny ride. I am a little leary since I can no longer do spinning rides so I'm not sure how I would make out, but if the boys had shown any interest in it at all I would have risked it.

They didn't.

I was able to get them on the flying tires, and we all had fun, but as you said, that ride is a one and done. Still, I will miss it unless something super duper goes in there. Like you, I'm glad we rode when we had the chance.

Ha, I spent more time reading the sign you photographed than reading the sign while we were there. Answers a previous poster's question!

I think you are headed to either Tower of Tower, since that is close or to the Paradise Pier area. I'm going with ToT.

:goodvibes

Your photos are great fun, you look like you're having a blast.

Sad I missed Carsland, it was being built when we were last there, not sure we'll be back anytime soon to see it.

I just love the theme-ing! Great pictures:thumbsup2

Me too. I could live in Carsland. For a week anyway !

Loved your update with Mater and Luigi's rides. The pictures are great and I especially love the ones with either smiles or cameras up to your faces or both!

We had SO much fun on those rides. Just silly happy fun!

We never did try Mater's spinny ride. I am a little leary since I can no longer do spinning rides so I'm not sure how I would make out, but if the boys had shown any interest in it at all I would have risked it.

They didn't.

It's more fun than I think it looks from the outside but yeah, it is spinny. Not teacup spinny though, it's different though I'm at a total loss as to how to explain it lol.

I was able to get them on the flying tires, and we all had fun, but as you said, that ride is a one and done. Still, I will miss it unless something super duper goes in there. Like you, I'm glad we rode when we had the chance.

It will be very interesting to see what they put in

Ha, I spent more time reading the sign you photographed than reading the sign while we were there. Answers a previous poster's question!

I think it's easy to miss those signs but oh they are so entertaining, and impressive to read. The creativity!

I think you are headed to either Tower of Tower, since that is close or to the Paradise Pier area. I'm going with ToT.

:goodvibes

We shall see!

Your photos are great fun, you look like you're having a blast.

We were!

Sad I missed Carsland, it was being built when we were last there, not sure we'll be back anytime soon to see it.

It was being built on my last visit as well so it was all new. We had JUST missed WoC on our previous trip and it seemed like forever to get back and see it. That is a long long trip for you, I can't imagine.

Oh this time of year! My goodness!

Just a quick hello to all and to say I am sorry for being so behind on everyone's threads. I should have an update up at some point this week and then life calms down a LOT very soon which will mean actual regular updates here!

In the meantime though, the boys say Mele Kalikimaka!!!!!!!!!!! I picked up Christmas Aloha shirts for them on my work trip and of their own accord they wanted to wear them for Santa.

In other holiday events we did a 5k fun run last night organized by a writer/cartoonist called The Oatmeal. He does a HYSTERICAL series on the terrible reasons he runs long distances which involve a cherub named The Blerch.

He is local and did an informal Christmas run last night. He wanted it to be seen from outer space and so folks rigged up more battery operated lights on their bodies than I knew existed! Kendall landed the night before from college and was able to join us along with a friend of hers. Evan opted out but the rest of us had an absolute blast, it was like chasing Christmas trees!

He had it filmed with a drone, I can't wait to see it. SO much fun (and nice cookies and cocoa after!)

Next year I'll get more lights! The girls loved the LED headbands but we should have secured them better.

Next year hopefully Eric will remember NOT to eat a cookie before, no matter how small it is.

:lmao:

Hope you all are surviving out there and look forward to real updates soon!

Hey Cynthia! Popping in to say hi while I'm on break.

I was sad to have *just* missed Carsland's opening when I was there last. BOO! It was looking great from behind the barriers, though. I can't wait to go back to DLR and check that new area out.

Thanks for all the great pictures; it's hard to get a real feel for the rides by just reading about them.

Enjoy your Christmas!

Great family pictures and of the fun run. I hope to see next year's run with lots more lights. :thumbsup2

Mele Kalikimaka to you and your family as well!

Love the Santa photo. Great idea with the shirts boys. How many years have you visited this Santa?

What a fun event for local runners. That's cool that you all got to participate.

:santa:

What a neat idea with lights! Sounds like a fun run.

It was a blast! So much fun, just put me in the absolute best mood!

Hey Cynthia! Popping in to say hi while I'm on break.

Hi Liesa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY for break :)

I was sad to have *just* missed Carsland's opening when I was there last. BOO! It was looking great from behind the barriers, though. I can't wait to go back to DLR and check that new area out.

Thanks for all the great pictures; it's hard to get a real feel for the rides by just reading about them.

Enjoy your Christmas!

It was being built the last time we were there, poor Jeff still hasn't seen it.

Enjoy your break and Christmas too!

Great family pictures and of the fun run. I hope to see next year's run with lots more lights. :thumbsup2

If he does it again, we will definitely do it assuming I am in town, it was so much fun.

Mele Kalikimaka to you and your family as well!

Love the Santa photo. Great idea with the shirts boys. How many years have you visited this Santa?

Since they were one and two! We have seen other Santa's but when we do, we still go see this one so I have this Santa for every year of their life basically except when Evan was 1.

I thought I had scanned them all but apparently not! I have them all framed so HAVE to do that this year. Super annoyed as the older ones have lost a bit of color and I thought I scanned them all a couple of years ago.

What a fun event for local runners. That's cool that you all got to participate.

:santa:

It was really fun

The boys look great with Santa! Love that they don't care how old they are and they'll still get a picture with him:thumbsup2

How fun those costumes are for the race! Love that guys Christmas beard sweater with lights on it.

The boys look great with Santa! Love that they don't care how old they are and they'll still get a picture with him:thumbsup2

How fun those costumes are for the race! Love that guys Christmas beard sweater with lights on it.

It was so funny, I hosted my dinner club's holiday party last night. One of my girlfriends asked what I had to do to get them to do a Santa picture. And I was like um...nothing. Then she asked what I had to do to get them to wear matching shirts. And I said...nothing...it was their idea.

LOL!

My kids actually ask me WHEN are we going to go and want something new for it if they can. I found the Hawaiian Xmas shirts while there for work and gave them to them for fun. Wearing them for the picture was all their idea, not mine.

Although Evan did say as we walked through the mall on the way to see Santa that he wished he had a jacket on as he felt a little silly. Not in the shirt but in the fact they were matching and neither had a jacket. Both boys have worn the shirts to school already they liked them so much.

The costumes at the race were great! We will up our game next year for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter