Here now, and here is the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
(which I'm pretty sure is not 50%, but I couldn't tell you)

It's pretty much been proven on this board by the math wizards here based on the number of visitors and Disney hotel occupancy averages. Someone will post a link to the math at some point. But, yes....it's pretty close to 50%.

Not since the number of legacy FP have already been reduced because of FP+.

I see, do we have any idea how many FP- an offsite guest has been getting (maybe not Thanksgiving week) and how many extra FP+ users have been getting?

Not since the number of legacy FP have already been reduced because of FP+.

Yep,

And we can't forget that Disney hasn't even started marketing FP+, yet. Once they do (and they've said they are) there will be a huge upswing in FP+ awareness. All of those first timers who had no clue about FP- will now be making FP+ reservations 60 days out. Or, at least their TA/CM will be doing it for them.

No matter what we say about Disney, I think everyone agrees that Disney Marketing has their act together. When they get hold of FP+ - well, I guess we'll have a lot to talk about in the Spring...;)

Offsite getting access to FP+ and legacy going away still won't change the problem of lack of capacity. Soarin' runs out of fastpasses early and I don't see why it wouldn't continue to do so since offsite visitors will just change their method of getting those fastpasses.

That is, IF offsite is really even worked into this. Disney has said many things but of course that could all be subject to change. I can see park passes including some type of FP+ add-on much like the hopper extra.

Universal doesn't allow its hotel guests multiple rides either. Their Express Pass is good on every ride, but only once per ride. And it's not good at all on their premier attraction, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. They do give resort guests a shot at early entry, which most of them use to take in Harry Potter.

Universal doesn't allow its hotel guests multiple rides either. Their Express Pass is good on every ride, but only once per ride. And it's not good at all on their premier attraction, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. They do give resort guests a shot at early entry, which most of them use to take in Harry Potter.

This is incorrect for resort guests, unless something has changed in the last year or so. The purchased Express Pass, available to anybody, is once per attraction but hotel guests' EPs are unlimited.

Actually, I think the one per attraction limit applies only to the purchased Express Passes. We stayed onsite at Universal in April and could use our free EP unlimited times per attraction. There was not an EP option for HPFJ, just the one hour early entry for onsite guests.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The value resort (I don't know if it's open yet) is supposed to only have the early entry benefit). The more expensive Universal resorts have unlimited FOTL.

I agree that the pass provided to Universal resort guests is unlimited. There is also a new unlimited pass being offered to offsite guests for a hefty fee but of course the one ride limit pass is still available too.

Just did it in September at Universal from the Hard Rock and was told it was not unlimited. Maybe we were told wrong.

And yes, apparently the new "value" resort won't have it at all. Just early entry.

Just did it in September at Universal from the Hard Rock and was told it was not unlimited. Maybe we were told wrong.

And yes, apparently the new "value" resort won't have it at all. Just early entry.

You were definitely told wrong, or misunderstood. It is unlimited for those who stay onsite at the three current hotels.

You are correct though that the new value resort won't have it at all.

.... There is also a new unlimited pass being offered to offsite guests for a hefty fee ....

It has been around for several years, called the VIP ticket, not to be confused with the VIP tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter