Help!!!

Tylerandalliesmom

Mouseketeer
My daughter will be 2 1/2 weeks shy of turning 5 years old when we cruise. We were told because she is not 5 at the time she cannot go on the excursion we wanted to do. Has anyone had a similiar situation where they let the age rule slide? Also now I am worried they wont let her go in the 5-7 year old kids club with her brother. :guilty: If that happens I'm thinking of postponing the trip instead of having her be miserable.

Tylerandalliesmom said:
My daughter will be 2 1/2 weeks shy of turning 5 years old when we cruise. We were told because she is not 5 at the time she cannot go on the excursion we wanted to do. Has anyone had a similiar situation where they let the age rule slide? Also now I am worried they wont let her go in the 5-7 year old kids club with her brother. :guilty: If that happens I'm thinking of postponing the trip instead of having her be miserable.
Excursions will definately be a no go. DCL has the age limits set and there is no wiggle room there, due to insurance reasons. For the Clubs, since she is within one month of turning 5, she'll be able to move up to the 5 - 7 group, so your kids will be together. What most people do (myself included) is book our excursions through a direct island provider. They usually don't have the stringent rules DCL does, and usually are MUCH cheaper. What excursion are interested going on, and maybe those of us with under 5's can give you our advice.

I don't know of any excursions that let the age requirement slide, but I do believe that DCL will allow a child into the next age group if their birthday is within 2 months of your sail date. I'm not positive, maybe someone else knows for sure?

My younger daughter was 4 1/2 months shy of turning 5 during our first cruise, she was admitted to the 5-7 club with her elder sister without any problems.

Which excursion was it for? I also agree with booking your own. Have a look at Shoretrips.com. I was very happy with their service. Hope this helps.

We really had our heart set on the dolphin excursion. I know others have some strong opinions about this excursion so I do not want to start anything. My son loves under sea creatures, dolphins and whales (he cried for days when free willy died!) Anyone know if we could do it on our own?

Tylerandalliesmom said:
We really had our heart set on the dolphin excursion. I know others have some strong opinions about this excursion so I do not want to start anything. My son loves under sea creatures, dolphins and whales (he cried for days when free willy died!) Anyone know if we could do it on our own?
Well, your only option is to book either yourself or your husband with your son on the dolphin tour and book yourself and your DD as observers. You'll be able to all go, just only one of you and your son will be able to interact with the dolphins. Unforunately, this is one of the few excursions that can't be booked privately. DCL takes up all the slots for the day with Dolphin Fantasee's so unless you're with the DCL excursion, you really can't get in.

Try booking it separately from DCL. We ran into the same thing for our 4-day and, if we decide to do it, the direct booking has a lower age restriction than through DCL. I am sure that it has to do with DCL's insurance company.

I would try to book it thru DCL, never hurt to try. We tried to book it on our own & when I said we were on a disney cruise, they would not take the reservation. My son was 4 yrs 7 months, we did not try to book thru dcl. We thought it was a lot of money of a 4 year old and he didnt really have his heart set on it.. My 7 year old DD is already talking about doing the dolphin excursion when we go again....

They will not let my daughter go on any excursion that requires her to be 5 years old. :sad2: That really limits us with what we can do on St Martin. The kids would be bored on any city excursion. Has anyone booked excursions with companies outside of disney? or on your own?

Look into booking on your own. We booked all of our excursions on our own. Not due to age limits (there was one we were looking into because of age limits..but didn't end up doing that one)...our reason was cost...DCL excursion costs are quite alot higher than if you go on your own. I'd find out what the excursion place is and contact them directly. You'll want to find out what you'll need to do if for any reason your ship dosn't pull into the port. But if you do your research you should be able to find some good compainies to book with.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter