Help!

Bo'sMom

DIS Veteran
Okay, here's the deal. I am a Disney Store CM and have been to Disney 8 times over the last four years. My 6 year old is Disney'd out and has made a special request to go to Universal Studios. We have a trip scheduled for Disney in September...22nd through the 30th (actually arriving the night of the 21st.

Question. How many days do I need to set aside for Universal Studios. Using the Entertainment Card I can get a great rate at the Hard Rock Hotel for that time frame, so I will be an "onsite" guest with the FOTL perks. What do you guys think, who have been.

Again, it will be me, my husband and our six year old son. Whaddya think? Thanks in advance. :)

Barb
9/01 - Wilderness Lodge
10/00 - Beach Club/Wildnerness Lodge
12/99 - Beach Club
5/99 - Wildnerness Lodge
9/98 - Beach Club/Wildnerness Lodge
9/97 - Dixie Landings
10/93 - Poly
10/90 - Poly
10/85 - Poly
10/80 - Honeymoon at the Poly
10/79 - Howard Johnsons-WDW Village

We are doing Universal this time too. I can only handle so many Disney days. I think it would be a good idea to give your son a new experience. I don't think you'll regret it. From what I hear kids just love UFS and IOA...just as much as Disney, some even more so. We are staying at the Portofino with the Entertainment card discount and for some reason I am looking forward to that more than our Disney end of the trip. I'll always love Disney but one can get Disney'd out :rolleyes:

Moving this to the Universal discussion board.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Any input would be appreciated. :cool:

Barb
9/01 - Wilderness Lodge
12/99 - Beach Club
5/99 - Wildnerness Lodge
9/97 - Dixie Landings
10/93 - Poly
10/90 - Poly
10/85 - Poly

I'd say at least 2 days to see much of both parks.
Some people can get a lot done in a day, while others actually do take the time to see the sights at IOA (which I reccommend), it's an amazing park.

I agree with Chris. Make sure you bring your son's bathing suit and a towel to the parks. There are some fun places to get wet in both parks!

Plan on spending alot of time at Universal in "Woody Woodpeckers Kid Zone". It's great! It contains: ET-the ride,Curious George wet play area, Fievel's waterslide, Goofy's Barnstormer(a kiddy coaster), a GREAT 2 story play, (the name escapes me), area full of soft nerf balls that you shoot at each other(or unsuspecting people); also 2 shows, a Barney show, and an "Animal Actors" show. Great fun!

at IOA when you go to Seuss Landing make sure to explore all the little nooks and crannies and take a walk by the lagoon too.

advice. I booked the Hard Rock Hotel for three nights in a pool view room for $129.50 using the Entertainment card. The first five nights of our trip will be spent at the WL over in Disney. I'm so excited about going to Universal. I bet before this trip even gets here, I'll be changing my nights and actually splitting the trip down the middle. :)

Barb
9/01 - Wilderness Lodge
12/99 - Beach Club
5/99 - Wildnerness Lodge
9/97 - Dixie Landings
10/93 - Poly
10/90 - Poly
10/85 - Poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter