HELP: Wrongfully banned from VMK. Ever happen and do they reinstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear about this... :sad1: That's absolutely terrible. VMK should definitely do more research into issues before giving an innocent and polite child a 10 year ban... Criminals get prison sentences less than that!! Trading scammers are a scary thing on VMK. I always worry about being falsely reported. Especially by those who get really mean when they don't get what they want. I usually close the VMK window to fake a disconnect. Shouldn't even have to though... I wish you the best of luck with your reporting, and if you do eventually need the help of the DIS boards, count me in!

puckstopper55 said:
This might not be the "right thing" to do, but in this case it seems like it could help the situation. You can call your ISP (Internet Service Provider ) and request a new IP address. This way, you and your Dw can play, and even let your son use those accounts. I know this might be "cheating" but you really got the wrong side of this situation. Hope that helps a little.

Puck if they are on dial up their ISP changes everytime they restart their computer and doing the above does not get their Character back with all it's stuff just let's them be able to make a new one.

Mal

PirateGhostShip said:
I don't understand pretty much the whole thing, so ur son got banned? that is what i think happened. i am so confused on how u worded it. lol srry are u from the south bc they way u worded things makes it seem that way. i do like the way u worded it though. ok anyways back to the subject, if u already sent something to vmk i don't think u can do anything else. i'm sorry that he got banned so long but i do know that u can be renstated. keep trying. and tell ur son i am srry for his loss

. . . YOU had trouble understanding HIM? Snicker. Looks like you managed to translate most of it though. At any rate, it's certainly a most unfortunate situation if it's all true. My best wishes to the victims.

Mickbee said:
Excellent point! Help me understand something; the room he was at the time was the player in question's room. He went to the room as a trading room (or so he thought) as it was on the "popular room" list. Initially I asked "How does someone with the name "guest#####" have a popular room?". It was my understanding the new players are named "Guest###" until the name is approved. If so, how does a new player get so popular so fast... Food for thought.

I know how!! It's because they're cheating, horrible, scamming, fiends!! They scammed people, happened to me! person is serving ten year sentence, into giving them their stuff. Or, another possibility is: he/she is a spoiled, rotten brat!! This is very true, too true.

Raineforst said:
So sorry to hear about this... :sad1: That's absolutely terrible. VMK should definitely do more research into issues before giving an innocent and polite child a 10 year ban... Criminals get prison sentences less than that!! Trading scammers are a scary thing on VMK. I always worry about being falsely reported. Especially by those who get really mean when they don't get what they want. I usually close the VMK window to fake a disconnect. Shouldn't even have to though... I wish you the best of luck with your reporting, and if you do eventually need the help of the DIS boards, count me in!

Thanks for your thoughts. Your method of closing the session is an excellent idea to help situations like this. The sad truth is, most of us have seen mean or misunderstood players...

I'll keep you apprised at VMK's solution.

ScroogesNephew said:
. . . YOU had trouble understanding HIM? Snicker. Looks like you managed to translate most of it though. At any rate, it's certainly a most unfortunate situation if it's all true. My best wishes to the victims.

Rest assured, it is ALL true and thank you for your wishes.

I promise all Disboard members to post the info regardless of the outcome. I believe we are all entitled to know, good bad or indifferent.

Steve

wow that kid is so mean.why would someone do such a thing.i would do as much as i can to get the ban off.i know what he feels like i am the same way about this game get on everyday after school loving my badge for being from the first day and my vip.i feel so sorry for him and i wish you a lot of luck to get it back.

Maleficent2 said:
Puck if they are on dial up their ISP changes everytime they restart their computer and doing the above does not get their Character back with all it's stuff just let's them be able to make a new one.

Mal

I believe he said he WAS NOT on dial up Mal. Which means he is on some type of broadband, which usually is a dynamic IP which rarely changes, nontheless, it is still dynamic. If you request a change of IP, it will allow all the other characters access to their accounts, except for the character in question.

KidGoofy said:
wow that kid is so mean.why would someone do such a thing.i would do as much as i can to get the ban off.i know what he feels like i am the same way about this game get on everyday after school loving my badge for being from the first day and my vip.i feel so sorry for him and i wish you a lot of luck to get it back.

Honestly, at this point I don't know why he was banned, we are only assuming as there has never been an issue before... Let's hope it is just confusion and all will be well. Thanks for the kind words and knowing the efforts and prime to gain these items. Let's hope it all works out in the end.

See you online, hopefully! LOL! ;)

puckstopper55 said:
I believe he said he WAS NOT on dial up Mal. Which means he is on some type of broadband, which usually is a dynamic IP which rarely changes, nontheless, it is still dynamic. If you request a change of IP, it will allow all the other characters access to their accounts, except for the character in question.

You are correct, we are broadband. Though there may be methods to work around the system, none of us, our son included would not entertain entering the game if we weren't wanted. Sort of like seeing your face on a post office wall... ;)

VMK has been notified so hopefully my message will prompt a reply and rectify the situation. <fingers crossed>

Many thanks!
Steve

Just to let you know I have seen unjust bans overturned. Use the "contact us" button and explain what happened. I believe they log all conversation, so hopefully they will be able to track down what really happened.

The following is the post sent to VMK.

"To Whom It May Concern,

I was hopeful the Staff of VMK could help out with a most unfortunate situation in VMK regarding our son, VMK member “********. I wanted to share a very disappointing incident which transpired yesterday, 1/28 while our son “********” was playing VMK.

Brief overview of our son’s commitment to Disney and VMK:

Our 12 yr old son has been playing VMK since “Day1” and plays VMK every day with excitement and great enjoyment. Out of all of video and board games, his favorite game is VMK. Our family has participated in every park quest offered at WDW. He displays the code cards he has won like little pieces of art.

VMK has been such a positive experience for him. He laughs and chats with many online friends he has made. He has learned to “turn the other cheek” when a player isn’t being friendly or is not following the rules. VMK is showing him certain values we all learn through life; respect, compromise, and the appreciation for others.

He is a courteous player and ALWAYS adheres to the rules of VMK. At the end of each school day, he promptly completes his homework and chores to play VMK. Our family often logs on together and plays as a family. Often times the dinner conversation is the up and coming park quest or an introduction of Expedition Everest.

If we are not logged on, we will often sit by his side while he plays and “monitor” the play and conversations (one can never be too cautious as good parents)…

The BANNING:

At the time of the banning, I was sitting by my son’s side, and can say with confidence, he did not “scam” anyone.

Yesterday, a "Guest#####" (I don’t recall the numbers) member invited our son to a trade. During the trade the Guest member asked him to "borrow" our son’s “Inferno Magic” pin. Our son declined as he doesn’t trade magic pins (well… except to me!). After our son declined the trade offer and thanked the Guest for the trade offer, our son left the room.

Shortly thereafter he was banned until 2016 for the reasoning of "Scamming"! VMK did not provide any additional explanation.

PLEASE NOTE: Our son DID NOT SCAM ANYONE! I was sitting by his side during the entire VMK session. If you research his player profile, you will see he is a courteous player and this is simply a mistake or a case of mistaken identity. The banning occurred on Saturday 1/28/06 @ 2:57 pm. The player’s name was Guest#### (I do not recall the numeric sequence). The player’s room was named "Ultimate VMK Trade Room "Rare".

Additional History and VMK Values:
We have instructed our son to NEVER accept an offer for him to “hold/borrow” any items and to never “lend” items as there is a risk a player may disappear with the item (I’ve personally witnessed this happen to players).

Needless to say he is heartbroken to the point of tears for not being able to play his most beloved game as well as the accusation of "Scamming".

It is gut wrenching to see the hurt and confusion on your child’s face when someone accuses them of something as harsh as being a “Scammer”. If the VMK Staff is going to accuse and convict my child of “SCAMMING” I would appreciate an explanation and facts surround the basis for such harsh treatment.

Our family holds Disney and the Disney Guest experience in the highest of regards. I fear this incident will sour his outlook of Disney. As a parent and customer, I am very surprised as this is not my experience or expectation of the “Disney Culture” or guest expectations. Regardless if this is an online game or a theme park or resort, VMK is a reflection of the Disney Corporation and I am confident my requests will be addressed as Disney often attends to their customers.

Yesterday our son wrote to the VMK “Contact Us” seeking answers and a resolution. I fear his request for an explanation will be ignored as other unrelated questions, concerns, and offers for idea have been in the past.

Please email me the transaction log supporting the transaction log leading up to the incident resulting in a 10 year ban. In addition to banning our son, the VMK has chosen to ban our entire household. Is this a Disney Customer Relationship policy?

Please understand I am not playing the part of an “out of touch” parent assuming their child can do no wrong. I am requesting you reinstate our son’s account as soon as possible due to this misunderstanding. I am confident the Walt Disney Company wants children to remember the Magic of Disney.

I hope you can empathize to my request and appreciate the devastation this action is impacting a child.

If you have any questions of me, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be most grateful to speak with you to further understand any challenges.

Our family thanks you in advance for your help and support and apologizes for any confusion or inconvenience this situation may have caused VMK. I hope our son, “********" and the rest of the family will be able to rejoin the VMK community shortly.

Best Regards,

"

That letter should be a guideline to anyone that this has happened to! Wonderful, clear and to the point. Keeping you in my thoughts, best of luck.

I am so sorry this happened to your son and your letter was fantastic! Great job!

I hope this is resolved quickly!

I received a reply from a VMK staff member indicaing they didn't know what I was asking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter