Help with what months ?

mas6010

Mouseketeer
Hi, Would really like to visit Universal this summer. We were thinking July, we have only been there one other time and we stayed at Disney and drove over. That was in August - we bought a one day front of the line pass, good for each ride one time only. It was HOT and that part we didn't like - but we no its Florida and summer. Here is the story- kids are now in Jr. High and High school, I hate to take them out for even 2 or 3 days, so we were thinking that mid to end July would be best. We would be staying on site so I believe that would allow us endless front of the ride access is that right ? What kind of crowd should we expect in July ? How long of line waits ? Second choice would be to pull them out of school for a Friday and a Monday and go over a weekend in Sept. I am guessing that the Sept. trip would be the best as far as crowds - but once again I hate to take them out of school Sept is as late as we could go - do to basketball and the kids WILL NOT miss that. Thanks. :cool1:

Last time I was there was late July. Crowds are fairly heavy but if you are staying onsite with the fast passes you will be fine, hardly any waiting when we were there with the fast passes. However on the other hand if you were not staying on site I probably wouldn't recommend July, due to that being basically peak season, I am not sure, but I think crowds are peak from June through early August, not counting major holidays

september (with the exception of labor day weekend) is a slow time at the parks because school is back in session so that would be "my" choice. that said, fotl would make things manageable if you do go in july. its gonna be hot either time so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

any chance you can go in june? early june is a lot less crowded. the peak crowds of the summer begin in late june and last til mid to late august. a good tip is to look at closing times and cost of express passes for dates you are considering. the later the parks close and the more an express pass costs, the more crowded they expect it to be. Good Luck!

July, August and early to mid September are absolutely brutal weather and heat wise. Crowds will not slow up until the end of August so July is still prime summer vacation time. After Labor Day, crowds really die off but with Transformers and Springfield opening this summer at the Studios, crowds will probably stick around later. We'll have to wait and see.

July, August and early to mid September are absolutely brutal weather and heat wise. Crowds will not slow up until the end of August so July is still prime summer vacation time. After Labor Day, crowds really die off but with Transformers and Springfield opening this summer at the Studios, crowds will probably stick around later. We'll have to wait and see.

good point!

But it depends on where your from, compared to my state Orlando is down right chilly in July, well almost :)

september (with the exception of labor day weekend) is a slow time at the parks because school is back in session so that would be "my" choice. that said, fotl will make things manageable if you do go in july. its gonna be hot either time so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

any chance you can go in june? early june is a lot less crowded. the peak crowds of the summer begin in late june and last til mid to late august. a good tip is to look at closing times and cost of express passes for dates you are considering. the later the parks close and the more an express pass costs, the more crowded it will be. Good Luck!

I would choose Sept.

We were there last july and we had a brilliant time.....but wouldn`t choose to go back at this time for several reasons...not the heat though.....we loved that bit :lmao: Having Unlimited Express is wonderful too with the crowds.

But September is a fantastic time to go :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter