Help with something from Carthay Circle

My family had dinner at Carthay Circle on our last night in DCA last week. My wife had an Old Fashioned, and absolutely loved it. She has tried to get the recipe, but she only knows that Woodford Reserve was used (though not which type of it). She has tried to contact them directly, but no one has gotten back to her.

Would it be possible for anyone to get this for us? I'm not sure if a picture of the menu would have it, but anything that could be done would be appreciated. Thanks!

Got it!! We had dinner in the CC Lounge this evening, and our wonderful server gave us the recipe (not the amounts, but the ingredients):
Woodford Reserve Bourbon
Angostura Bitters
Orange Bitters
Luxardo Amarena Cherries
Simple Syrup

Have fun working out the exact amounts to your liking and enjoy! :)

4 dashes of Angastora bitters,
1/2 ounce of simple syrup,
2 ounces of Woodford Reserve bourbon,
add ice in the glass stir a little then Add a lemon peel and an orange peel (express oils from the peels) for garnish and that’s it.

From a bartender friend, waiting on another....

Got it!! We had dinner in the CC Lounge this evening, and our wonderful server gave us the recipe (not the amounts, but the ingredients):
Woodford Reserve Bourbon
Angostura Bitters
Orange Bitters
Luxardo Amarena Cherries
Simple Syrup

Have fun working out the exact amounts to your liking and enjoy! :)

The official IBA cocktail recipe is:

1.5 oz bourbon
2 dashes angostura bitters
4 dashes Orange bitters
3 cherries
2 teaspoons simple syrup OR one sugar cube plus a splash of water (1/3 oz, to be exact)

OK, the first one I posted was from Club 33 bartender. This is from a bartender at Carthay. (Remember, several bartenders make the drink their own way.)

2 ounces Woodford Reserve bourbon
1 ounce simple syrup
4 dashes of Angastora bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
add ice, stir slightly
garnish with either luxardo cherries or orange peel

Last edited:

And another Carthay Bartender just gave me their "recipe".

It’s 2 ounces of Woodford Reserve, 1 teaspoon of Luxardo Cherry juice, 1/2 ounces of simple syrup, 2 dash’s of orange bitters and 2 dashes of angostura bitters.

OK, the first one I posted was from Club 33 bartender. This is from a bartender at Carthay. (Remember, several bartenders make the drink their own way.)

2 ounces Woodford Reserve bourbon
1 ounce simple syrup
4 dashes of Angastora bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
add ice, stir slightly
garnish with either luxardo cherries or orange peel

The Old Fashioned is now a Signature drink on the menu, so all the bartenders should be making it the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter