• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with Hotel for Five People near Park

BrianG58

Earning My Ears
For the past many years we've been going to DL
as a family of four and staying at the CCI. We've
been more than happy there. The price, proximity to the
park, etc ...it's been perfect. This year it looks like there
will be five of us going (four adults and an 11 year-old).
Any suggestions for a hotel that can accommodate five...
and won't break the bank? Thanks...

5 is tough. The places that can hold 5 charge almost as much as 2 rooms. With 2 rooms you get two bathrooms/showers.

We fit 6 of us (myself, husband and 4 kids, 2 of which were teens) into one of the bigger rooms at the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites. It had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. It was pretty close sleeping quarters but we managed! It's a bit more expensive but they can accommodate larger groups plus they offer a free hot breakfast.

Look on Expedia. That's how I started my search for a room for 5. We are staying with 5 at the Candy Cane in a deluxe room. We're 3 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 2.

I found most of the hotels in the area did have some 5 person rooms.

We also like the BWPPI with their mini suite. Camelot has suites. Desert Inn & Suites has several different larger room suite options as well.

Desert Inn and Suites has their "executive" room and their "parlor suite A" room. Both have 2 queen beds and one sofa pullout. The parlor suite is two rooms (one normal size, one mini) while the executive room is just one room. They are probably the cheapest you will find.

We had friends who booked a suite at Camelot - it had 2 rooms and 3 beds (possibly a pull-out sofa?). I don't know what the rate was, as they did the booking, but it had plenty of space

Desert Inn & Suites might be a good bet. They have rooms that can sleep up to 10 for fairly reasonable prices (especially if you book pretty far out), and it's really close to the parks. I'd also look at the Fairfield Inn. Their standard rooms have 2 queen beds and a pull-out twin-size chair/futon type thing, which I wouldn't want to sleep on as an adult, but the 11-year-old will probably be fine with. :P

Currently sitting in a room at the new Homewood Suites. We have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The room has a kitchen, breakfast included, and Mon-Thurs there are snacks/light dinner in the evening. It's a 5 min walk from the lobby onto the shuttle at the Toy Story lot.

We have stayed at both residence inns - the new one (Katella) might work well with their 1 bed suite rooms - sofa bed, two queens in the room. The older RI has those rooms too, but the new one is nicer and seems to be a little less expensive. The full breakfast is awesome!

We stay at the Park Vue Inn. They have a few different options for larger families. We use the two queen and bunk bed option. They also have two queens and a sofa sleeper and even a three queen option. I have only ever used the two queens and a bunk bed room. They have a great breakfast, free parking and is one of the closest, if not closest, hotel to the park

I agree about Anaheim desert inn and suites. We stayed there in July. Short walk to parks, continental breakfast. We also stayed in the parlor suite with the bedroom and mini room.

We recently stayed at Park Vue Inn in a standard double queen room. We requested a rollout, and it fit at the foot of one of the beds. Since most of the time was in the park, we never once fell cramped with two adults and three teens.

Stanford Inn & Suites is very reasonable. They aren't across the street or what some consider near. They are a little under 1.5 miles away, but the Toy Story lot is close and you walk to/from there and ride the shuttle free or take the ART from a stop right out front. They have rooms with 2 queens and seperstr room with a bunk bed (some have a 2nd bath too) and also have junior suites with 3 queens and a sofa (they remodeled after changing ownership several years ago and basically took rooms and split them in half and added a half to the room on each side to have larger suites). We stayed their last summer and will be staying again this fall.

They aren't super fancy, but our room was clean, the staff was nice and they have free parking and breakfast and the price can't be beat. They have several specials if you book directly through their website or call for multiple night stays and also offer discounts for return guests once you have stayed with them.

The Junior suite shows sleeps up to 8 and it was still priced less than a lot of places that only offered 2 queens. That obviously will vary based on your dates. 11 year old could easily sleep on the bunk (unless they are super tall) and the 4 adults use the 2 queens in one of those suites too).

The Portofino (right on Harbour just across Katella) worked out well for us. A "family suite" had two separate rooms; one with a king bed and one with a set of bunks and a full-size pull-out sofa. There was only one bathroom though and as hotels go, it certainly wasn't luxury. The price was fair for what we got (quite a bit cheaper than the Camelot or Desert Inn) and the front desk service was very good. We probably wouldn't stay there again (won't need to as it's just 3 of us now) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

we are a family of 6 (almost 7) and on our last trip we stayed at the courtyard theme park entrance and had more than enough room..

2queen beds and a bunch !! all the beds were so comfortable

The Portofino (right on Harbour just across Katella) worked out well for us. A "family suite" had two separate rooms; one with a king bed and one with a set of bunks and a full-size pull-out sofa. There was only one bathroom though and as hotels go, it certainly wasn't luxury. The price was fair for what we got (quite a bit cheaper than the Camelot or Desert Inn) and the front desk service was very good. We probably wouldn't stay there again (won't need to as it's just 3 of us now) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I really want to know how people get great hotel rates. I am not sure if people are really getting better rates than I am, or if they are looking at prices after inventory has been snatched up. I have a hard time finding rates better than Desert Inn lately, though I will admit I said this on a recent post and then found I could get a room at HOJO for cheaper. I just looked and the Portofino kid suite that sleeps 6 is $160 a night in late September (7 months out). We've already tentatively booked a room that sleeps 6 at Desert Inn for $119 a night plus the $17 per night fees. I'd love it if I actually found something that can sleep six and was less than Desert Inn. Again I'm really curious if this is me not knowing how to get better rates, or a matter of inventory reflecting prices as dates get closer.

I really want to know how people get great hotel rates. I am not sure if people are really getting better rates than I am, or if they are looking at prices after inventory has been snatched up. I have a hard time finding rates better than Desert Inn lately, though I will admit I said this on a recent post and then found I could get a room at HOJO for cheaper. I just looked and the Portofino kid suite that sleeps 6 is $160 a night in late September (7 months out). We've already tentatively booked a room that sleeps 6 at Desert Inn for $119 a night plus the $17 per night fees. I'd love it if I actually found something that can sleep six and was less than Desert Inn. Again I'm really curious if this is me not knowing how to get better rates, or a matter of inventory reflecting prices as dates get closer.
Wow - it's simply NOT going to get any cheaper anywhere than the rate you've got there. I wouldn't even bother to look - that's a great rate. We stayed at the Portofino two years ago in May and paid $139/night, which was lower than anywhere else at the time. I'd have been over-the-moon with $119. Enjoy your trip.

Wow - it's simply NOT going to get any cheaper anywhere than the rate you've got there. I wouldn't even bother to look - that's a great rate. We stayed at the Portofino two years ago in May and paid $139/night, which was lower than anywhere else at the time. I'd have been over-the-moon with $119. Enjoy your trip.

2-3 years ago we were finding rates of less than $90 a night (though not for 6). I am bummed that those days are long gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter