• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with getting a/c to stay on!

It doesn't have any name on it but it has 3 buttons. 1- Fan Only 2- Fan Speed 3- Display

There's also a small motion sensor looking thing.

Push display, it should have push button scroll down options. What do they say?

JLVermillion said:
Push display, it should have push button scroll down options. What do they say?

When I pushed display it went from lo to high but then went back to auto.

rock_doctor said:
Here is a link to a thread about this for BLT. It doesn't work there anymore but it may help you. I would call down and tell them fix it or to move you... You paid a good price to be there and to enjoy yourself not to be unhappy.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2537420

There is no f/c button for me to press. We've been able to deal with it, but it is warmer then we'd like. This is just an issue we've never had before this visit. Maybe it's a new unit.

DH is in meetings for the rest of the afternoon, he does however agree with pp that you need to have them fix it. You should have a great time during they and look forward to getting a good nights rest in the pm.

JLVermillion said:
I hope they have not converted BCV. DH said his friend was saying they are a big pain it the bottom. Most people go for a more comfortable way and that is to simply zone their homes and commercial areas. When you are at WDW and it is hot and one has spent all day in parks most want to come back to a nice cool room flop on the sofa ... RELAX. Instead to have have to move about more just to cool off your room. DH thinks once WDW have had enough complaints about the system they will put it back to normal set your own temp stat.

I hear what you are saying, but I have had the instructions to override the SSR thermostat in my Owners Locker since 2008 or 2009. It's not new at Disney and as they upgrade the resorts, they have been adding them. I don't see it going away.

I hear what you are saying, but I have had the instructions to override the SSR thermostat in my Owners Locker since 2008 or 2009. It's not new at Disney and as they upgrade the resorts, they have been adding them. I don't see it going away.

I see your point, however after talking with a few people I found out that they are easy to install and remove along with inexpensive to purchase. I think when enough people complain and they have to constantly send someone up to override it they will change it back.

There is no f/c button for me to press. We've been able to deal with it, but it is warmer then we'd like. This is just an issue we've never had before this visit. Maybe it's a new unit.
ok how about this one... it is a common problem. We use to complain each day when we stayed at pop about the ac system. They eventually told us the chillers were not cold enough and that was as good as it gets... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2881237

We have had the same problem at Poly and AKV. Without fail I wake in the middle of the night in a sweat. Depending on your room type, sometimes I've found I can just raise my arm or leg from the bed to trip the motion sensor so the air starts flowing again. I'm going to try the override instructions given and see if that does anything when we go in a few weeks.

Just asked a friend and was told there are as pp said "GREEN" ones, but that most places and contractors stay clear because they do not promote comfort. People have HVAC so they are comfortable at all times.. if you are asleep you certainly are not in motion. Defeats the purpose . Still post the a brand or picture. The units in the rooms ( at least villas ) all have their own systems so you may need to call for service.

A lot of the newer 'smart' thermostats have motion sensors on them [NEST probably being the easiest to point at right now given it's 'popularity']. Although I suspect they may generally be seen as more home automation line of products.

Really depends a lot on the person wrt comfort, but energystar guidelines actually do suggest changing the settings at night, mostly as you're not active.

How they should be setup is to drift to the unoccupied temperature state [+4 or 7 degrees, I'd probably suggest 4 degrees since it's not able to predict when you're returning to your room that well]. Since they really need to not be air conditioning empty hotel rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter