help with deluxe stay

boundfordisney

<font color=magenta>I think my finger prints are s
ok narrowed it down to 3 ,poly ,okw and yacht club for our stay end of September. Stepson and family going and it is their first time, children will be 1 and 2 years of age. Really having a hard time decieding, we have stayed at poly and yc before and will be staying at okw in march for the first time but am leaning towards the poly for September , planning on booking bounceback in march so would like some input from other dissers before we leave! since this is a first trip for stepson and family I really want it to be special, any input will be much appreciated:thumbsup2

Have you considered the Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower? You can walk from there to the Magic Kingdom. It's very convenient with little ones not having to wait for the monorail.
You could use the monorail to get to Epcot nd either buses or a taxi to get to the other parks. If we're traveling with a baby or large group, we call and request a taxi van. It costs the same amount as a regular taxi but the extra room is nice.

Poly for sure. Although I like OKW a lot, I won't stay there again until my children are older. Very few buildings have elevators and they are 3 stories. Nothing worse than hiking up stairs with 2 little ones and a stroller (especially when the ground floor request isn't met). YC is nice but since it's there first visit and the children are very young I imagine MK will be the park they spend the most time at. We have also had horrible bus service from boardwalk resorts where we shared the MK bus with all of the boardwalk area resorts (in June in the prime hours too). So once again, my kids need to be out of strollers before we stay there again. I do agree with a pp that the CR or BLT is super easy for transportation. It is our resort of choice now with the walkway to the MK (worth its weight in gold) and the monorail to Epcot. Also, during our stays the CR and Poly always shared DHS and AK buses and it was always full (standing room only) by the time we got to the poly. Hope this helps some.

thank you so much for the input! hadnt really considered blt or the cr but will check it out! this is a first for us travelling with little ones that are 1 and 2 years of age so I really need the input from others with children of these ages. Usually we travel with the grandkids whom are anywhere between 8 and into the teens. Like the poly for its kind of laid back and quiet feel , price wise are the other 2 comparable, blt looks awesome but the pool areas which would you prefer poly or bLt, This really helps so thanks for sharing your thoughts!;)

forgot to mention yes I agree the magic kingdom will most likely be the one where they spend most of the time! You cant imagine how much your input has helped already THANK YOU!:thumbsup2

I have stayed at all three and my favorite is YC. You can walk or talk a boat to Epcot and HS. SAB is amazing, The boardwalk at night is so much fun

I have stayed at POLY and YC....I think POLY might be the way to go, for main thing, MONORAIL!!!!!

Rooms are the biggest and can hold 2 strollers easily...

When my DS was 4 we stayed at YC...Loved SB but my son has sensitive skin and from sitting in the sand bottom he had a rash all over his legs, NOT FUN!
And for even younger ones they might want to eat the sand...Sorry love the pool just wish it wasn't centered around sand!

So yep, POLY gets my vote! And by then most the longhouses will be renovated so be sure to ask or rather request one of those...

Good luck and what a Magical Time you will have with your grand babies!party:

Poly not Okw closer to mk and the monorail . Okw is too far away.

Another vote for the Poly. The YC is great for being close to Epcot and DHS, but if you will be spending a lot of time at MK, the Poly is more convenient. We love the laid back feel of the Poly, not to mention having the beach for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room is a big plus with little ones. Good luck.

With the children's ages, another vote for Poly. Great transportation with monorail, and walking path to TTC for Epcot monorail. Fun to watch Wishes from the beach, and Electric Water Parade too. Zero entry pool for the little ones to splash around at the waters edge.

OKW is ok but I would not do it twice. They have a nice pool and a boat to DTD.

Poly has a great pool and monorail to MK and EPCOT.

YC has the best pool/slide on property and is in walking/boat distance to EPCOT/HS.

I would choose POLY! :)

Have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

-FantasiaMagic princess:

looks like the poly is getting the votes and Im leaning towards booking there so thanks everyone for your input, I really think this is the way to go for all reasons mentioned!:thumbsup2

There is something to be said for rolling your stroller with sleeping babies right onto the monorail, and then Rolling them right into your room. It's so lovely to not have to unload them and all your stuff onto a bus or into the car. The monorail is really a plus with little ones.

Plus, Poly has the beach, zero entry pool and the light parade on the lake. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter