Help! Why did you buy DVC?

you sound like an *excellent* candidate for DVC - if you had said either that you didn't like to go to WDW very often, OR if you had said that you were happiest in the value resorts, I would say that it might not be a good fit. But for what you like to do, it really is perfect. Please feel free to post any questions you still have here, as specifically as possible, and everyone here will do what we can to get you the info that you need. This board is a wonderful resource for info on DVC.

:D :D

WE bought because once we stayed on site, we couldn't go back to off. We were going every 2-3 years at that time, but once we purchased, we started going more frequently. Now we have also done an exchange to Hawaii with our points, so that is a possiblity too.

Originally posted by ColoradoDisneyFan
[B Plus, we have two other couples we know that want to buy and I wondered if they would give us a discount if we brought two more buyers. These people were looking at resales. [/B]

Strangely enough, it depends on what state you are in. My brother-in-law referred us and when I signed up last week, they said that since he is in Michigan, state laws prevent him from getting any kind of referral bonus. But since I am in Georgia, I can get a bonus for referring others. (My guide vaguely referred to 200 Disney dollars or some such thing.) But make sure your friends give your name from the beginning. When I found out that my brother-in-law couldn't get a bonus, I wanted to see if anyone on this board who helped me decide could get it, but they said no, when I toured I gave BIL's name, so that's it.

About the time-pressure: I know that the $5 incentive has to end sometime, but I think it's high-pressure in a very un-DVC way to give you an artificial 3-day deadline. I didn't have that, I guess because my DH did not tour with me. ?? I made it clear to my guide that the low-pressure attitude made my DH much more interested -- I think he would have walked if he had attended a sales pitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!