Help understanding Grand Californian please?

That door is now blocked and alarmed. You are correct Trey. They really made it more convenient for the people staying at the GCH but not for anyone else.

Bump. Anyone?

No one is allowed to enter via the front doors of the Grand without a room reservation or dining reservation. They have a list to check. You will be turned away. Anyone can exit the Grand via the front doors at any time.

DCA entrance is the same as always, but my understanding is that they're strictly enforcing the 'Hotel Guests Only' entrance policy in the mornings. We were staying at the Grand so it wasn't an issue for us. After about 11 am it appears they are allowing non-hotel guests to use the entrance, but there have been reports of people being routed to DTD. I believe anyone can use that route to enter the Grand but you may be turned back if you try to use it to enter DCA before 11 am (and possibly at other times).

DTD entrance now has a security checkpoint in the breezeway. Anyone can use the DTD entrance to enter or exit the Grand.

I don't know first hand, but my understanding is that the 'secret exit' is no longer accessible. Whether it's been physically blocked or just wired for an alarm I don't know.

I would love to see more room photos. We're staying there for a week next month and it's our first time (we always had family in the area that we stayed with, previously).

Count me in too! If you could also put the room number your photos show, that would help others planning a trip. How was your view? Any pics of the view from your window/balcony?
Thought I posted the view in the GCH super thread but wiil check

Jack

We are not staying at a Disney property this time but we are going to Storytellers for dinner the night we arrive. Will we be allowed to go through security at the Grand California security to go back in to Downtown Disney. Our hotel is on Harbor (BWPPI)?

We are not staying at a Disney property this time but we are going to Storytellers for dinner the night we arrive. Will we be allowed to go through security at the Grand California security to go back in to Downtown Disney. Our hotel is on Harbor (BWPPI)?

It seemed like my question was answered while I was typing the question. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter