Help!!!! POR or WL?

schwaa

Disney Addict
I just got a really good deal at the WL with the new code on the disneyworld web page. I already have a good deal at the POR. I'm not sure which one I should stay at. I'm going with my best friend. I have stayed at POR already. He has never stayed onsite. It'll be his birthday while we are there.

Should we stay at POR or WL? It's $270 more to stay at WL. We are going for 7 nights in the middle of August. Money is somewhat of an issue, although we can afford the $270 more.

Thank you for your help.:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Since you've already stayed at POR, I would try WL this time. WL is a fabulous resort!

We also got excellent rates at POR and WL for June, but since we have stayed at POR several times (and love it !), we decided it was worth the extra $35 per night to stay at WL, just for a change. I say, If you can afford it, go with WL and make your friends Birthday a little more special!;) Have a great time!:)

Ahh, my 2 resorts! We love both, but I say go for WL for a change. You will enjoy the balcony, the EWP and the boat to MK.
You know what though? We went by PO and got Pizza from the food court on the way back from the park one night. We just love the food court at PO-Riverside. We enjoyed eating it on the balcony at WL:D !

Wonderlandmom,

See that's why i have such a dilema about this. I really, really like the food court at POR. I'm sure that Roaring Forks at WL is nothing like it.

I definitely do not want to be eating at sit down restaurants for every meal. The POR food court is a good alternative.

I'll never decide.

I take it you are flying and cannot zap over to Riverside food court like we did? :p Roaring forks was not as good nor did it have as extensive a menu, BUT we all found things we liked there for breakfast once and lunch another time. They also have pizza and chicken that can be delivered to your room. Not sure how it is though. I still say go for WL and you will enjoy it!:) Don't let the lack of food court stop you from experiencing WL! :cool:

we are driving down, so we will have a car. I know that the WL and POR are not that far apart. We could hop over for dinner a couple of times.

Not far at all:) ! And the pizza was still nice and warm when we got back to the room! Come on and get it to go once and eat it on the balcony! That was SO relaxing after a day in the parks :D
Do remember to take your PO refillable mugs with you to PO if you eat there. We had our PO ones and bought WL mugs, so we were covered! Enjoy, whatever you decide on ;) !

Wonderlandmom,

how would you rate the WL transportation? better or worse than POR? Is the boat to MK really that much faster than a bus from POR?

Believe it or not, we never used the buses at Riverside! We did enjoy the boat at WL though. If you timed it right it was only about a 8 minute boat ride to MK(I think). You can also boat to CR and all the other monorail resorts. We thought the boat was more convenient so we used it. Never took the bus from WL, used our vehicle for other parks. Maybe someone else has this answer for you. Sorry!

Hey, when we were staying at Universal last month, we got bored there and headed to Disney and dinner at the POR food court! Quite a drive through Orlando traffic just to have dinner at one of our favorite places! :D

The food at Roaring Forks is good even though it is a much more limited menu so don't let that deter you. With a car you can easily hop over to POR as often as you please! :D

Actually Kerri, we were staying at the Hilton in DD last month, we left WDW to look for a restaurant, and then drove back to WDW and went to POR to the food court.

See - exactly my point! :) We can stay at all kinds of different places, but still eat at POR. :) There's just something about the food court AND my favorite table! :) All I know is that when we got back to the Wingate Inn by Universal (which was a fine hotel, but not even close to Disney), I had no trouble sleeping! :) Have you thought about splitting your stay? Maybe 3 nights at WL followed by 4 nights at POR - and the great food court?! :)

My friend said he doesn't want to split. It is nice to settle into a place for one week.

Schwaa,
I am in the same dilema only I can't decide between WL and the Swan, though I like you, am leaning toward WL. I have never stayed there either but it should be wonderful!

I see we are neighbors, I am in Putnam County...right next door!

~Emmy

I saw your thread title. I thought, I don't even want to think abou that because I bet the cost is the same between those two (if you get teacher or gov't rate), making the decision even harder.

I just can't decide because my first trip onsite was at a moderate, and I had a wonderful experience. SO I was thinking maybe it's better for my friend to first experience a moderate before a deluxe. :confused:

I actually live right on the border of Putnam. We are really neighbors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!