Help Me Test My Theory

DaveInTN

I'm Not The Castle Guy
I presented a theory to my wife and kids this morning, and neither of them have been able to yet prove it wrong. Let's see what you can come up with.

My theory is this: I say that there are no foods normally eaten by Americans that cannot be improved or enhanced by the addition of either honey or bacon (and in some cases both).

As an example...I don't know of any vegetables that don't taste better when prepared with bacon. In addition, I believe that peanut butter is awesome when combined with both honey AND bacon. Most breads and grains are awesome with honey on them. :thumbsup2

What say you? Are there any foods that are not better with honey or bacon added to them? :confused3 This is important because I'm preparing for the collapse of society and I need to know what to stock my cupboards with. pirate:

Thanks!

I always thought it was butter and bacon. I'm willing to consider honey, too. You can get all three canned for long term storage. You've got to do something to make all the dried stuff more palatable. :thumbsup2

PS: I have my fingers crossed for you and your family. :wizard:

What about milkshakes? Although, if society collapses then there probably won't be any milkshake machines left running.

Key lime pie?

Dave, I have to say you might be on to something. I just ran through the list of everything on our dinner menu for the week, and every single thing would taste better with bacon or honey! :thumbsup2

PS: I have my fingers crossed for you and your family. :wizard:

Thank you Judy!

What about milkshakes? Although, if society collapses then there probably won't be any milkshake machines left running.

I think that, depending on the flavor, either honey or bacon would be a good addition. A vanilla milkshake would be great with honey. A chocolate milkshake would rock with bacon. JMHO of course.

Key lime pie?

Hmmm, this one is intriguing. I can't imagine the tart flavor of key lime pie being helped by honey OR bacon. I've got to give this more thought.

Although, I'd be willing to try it out!

Definitely....napa cabbage and sunflower seeds tossed with a honey dressing and bacon.

I wouldn't want bacon in my cookies,, but honey would be okay in SOME cookies but still not sure that it would inhance or improve the flavor of those cookies..

I wouldn't want bacon in my cookies,, but honey would be okay in SOME cookies but still not sure that it would inhance or improve the flavor of those cookies..

I don't know...take a look at this pic of Girl Scout Tagalongs wrapped in bacon and fried.

4415083041_65f76a8e69.jpg

Chocolate, peanut butter and bacon....what could be wrong with that??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter