Help me plan our itinerary!

princesspiglet

DIS Veteran
Ok, we are arriving Thanksgiving night at around 8pm and will most lilely just crash at the resort. We are staying at POP. Party of (3). Me, DH and DD Athena (4 YO). We will have 8 full days to explore. The last time we went Athena was 2 and we were only there for 3 days so we went total commando. This time we would like to relax a little bit and take things slowly so she truly enjoys herself. It will also be her 4th birthday on the 25th of November. How many days would you allot at each park and how many at the resorts? She loves the princesses, so we plan on doing alot of character dinners/breakfasts. I just don't want to overwhelm her with all the excitement. Should we do the parks one day, then rest the next or do parks two days in a row then rest, so many choices! Any advice from any families out there that have little ones on what worked best for you?

:earsgirl: :earsboy:
princess:

I would do the first 2 days...parks..then take a day off...hang out..relax..and enjoy the pools, resort hopping, and DTD, then I would do 2 more days of parks..the next relaxing again...maybe doing a little park hoping during the day to see some shows here and there. See the theme??..lol

I just know that I get so excited to do things, its hard for me to relax and just wait to go to the next park. To tell you the truth, i may even just get there..do all the parks in a row..*one each day...* and then spend the next few days relaxing and going back to the parks that we missed things at, or going back to see attractions we esp. liked. My dd is 3, will be close to 4 when we go in Dec. And that is our plan. That way, we can take our time in the parks, knowing we still have the option to come back and see things we missed, or see things we really liked again. And of course, we have to set aside shopping at DTD. As for resort looking around..for this vaca..we are trying to make PS reservations at all the resorts so we can at least get in and see them, and this way we have a reason.

well i am just going on....Hope that helped..Its Disney movie night at our house..so we are off to watch Brother Bear. :wave:
Have a fun vacation...!!! :)

Well since you have so much time, you can really take a relaxing trip. In my opinion MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom can be done in one day without having to go at a commando pace. If you miss something, you can always come back later. In order to see everything you want, but still relax, I would take 2 days at both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. You can sort of break up the parks if you split them into two days. That way you can take your time enjoying the fact that you are simply there. So that would give you 6 days of parks. The other two days you could go shopping, hang out at the resort, or maybe go to a water park (don't know what the weather will be like when you go). Plus if you split up MK and EPCOT, you can probably take breaks those days and head back to the hotel for a bit. I would definately suggest putting your rest days in between all of the park days just to break it up. If you are concerned with overwhelming your little one, a day of rest could help break up some of the excitement. I hope this helps you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter