Help me pick my days for DCA! (Aug 2017)

caflygrl

Earning My Ears
I am having such a hard time picking days to visit DCA as some of the time we will be there, DCA won't open till 10am!! Keep hoping it will change but thus far no dice. We plan on 2 days at DCA, no park hoppers, but we do have 1 MM for DL.

These are the hours for DCA while we are there:

Sun, Aug 13: (EMH 7-8) 8a-11p

Mon, Aug 14: (EMH 9-10) 10a - 9p

Tues, Aug 15: 9a-9p

Weds, Aug 16: (EMH 9-10) 10a - 9p

Thurs, Aug 17: 9a-9p

Fri, Aug 18: (EMH 8-9) 9a- 10p

Based on the hours we would likely go on Tues or Thurs since it opens at 9a and no EMH, however one of those days will be our MM at DL. So what other day would you pick? I feel like it is between Sun or Fri and lean towards Sun as it is an 8am morning and perhaps less likely people will get up for a 7am EMH than Fri's 8am EMH.

Thoughts or suggestions?? TIA!!

It would help if you told us what you really want to get done in DCA on your two days there. Absolutely must dos? Repeats? Shows? WOC? Will you be using FP or MP or rider swap? This info can help us know how much time you'll need for each day and how each day can be organized.

The absolute Must Do is Cars Land and TSMM (both days if possible) and Frozen Live. Everything else is icing on the cake!

Willing to use FP, will not be using MP or Rider Swap. We are a party of 7 - grandma, grandpa, my sister, myself, husband, DD 5, and DS 4. I am hoping for a break in the middle of the day, then all come back early evening and maybe 2-3 adults stay to try and see WOC. WOC is not a high priority but if it can be worked in...

Thank you!

In that case, I would agree on Sunday. Then choose either Tuesday or Thursday, depending on whichever day you don't use for your MM. You'll have no problem with FP -- plenty of runners. Make sure to download the DLR app so that you can keep track of wait times and FP availability/return times. WOC FPs are still not connected, so you can get those without interfering with any other FPs. With two days in DCA, your plan sounds very doable.

Last edited:
I'd rather do MM earlier in the trip, if Tues & Thurs are you options, do Tues. Then you'll know what rides you do and don't get done and what you need to prioritize for your next DL day. As opposed to saving something for MM, only to find you don't get it done. Some people find it's easier to wake up for MM earlier in the trip as well.

This is an example of the advantages of park hoppers........hours, FLEXIBILITY, less advanced planning.......etc.
I wish but Park Hoppers x 7 gets expensive. When my kids are older and have more stamina, we will take advantage!

I'd rather do MM earlier in the trip, if Tues & Thurs are you options, do Tues. Then you'll know what rides you do and don't get done and what you need to prioritize for your next DL day. As opposed to saving something for MM, only to find you don't get it done. Some people find it's easier to wake up for MM earlier in the trip as well.
Yes this makes sense!!

We are quickly approaching our visit!! I have another question that I searched around for an answer but didn't see it...

When we are in DCA (Sun and Thurs) the showtimes for Frozen are 12, 3, and 5. Is there a showtime that is less crowded than the others?

We are quickly approaching our visit!! I have another question that I searched around for an answer but didn't see it...

When we are in DCA (Sun and Thurs) the showtimes for Frozen are 12, 3, and 5. Is there a showtime that is less crowded than the others?

Probably the 5pm is the least crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter