Help me pick ADRs for solo trip...

alon86

PHM - Feb 2022! First runDisney!
Heading to WDW first time solo on Jan 8-9, prior to a conference. Staying at Poly. On Sat. 1/8, I will land at 10:20 (hopefully earlier) drop bags at Poly and monorail to Epcot for late morning/afternoon, then will head to MK for 3-8pm. I could do a ADR for lunch at Epcot, but I think I will want to walk around and will probably grab something from the carts or counter service. But, I really want to try San Angel, so I might do a late lunch there before heading to MK? I'm not thrilled about any of the MK ADRs solo... I do love Skippers Canteen (my fav restaurant at MK) - debating whether to make ADR there for 6pm-ish? Then I will catch Enchantment and head back to Poly.

Day 2, Sunday, will rope drop MK at 8:30 (EMH) and spend half day there, then either back to Epcot or HS. Need to get to conference hotel around 8pm or so. No idea where to eat Sunday night but I feel like I should make an ADR just to be safe. A friend from the conference might be joining me on Sunday, not sure yet.

Edited to add: I am returning with my family in Feb for 8 days, so I plan to do Space 220 and many of the "bigger" ADRs during that trip. This Jan trip is more about eating somewhere that is interesting as a solo, probably with a menu that my super picky kids would never want to do!

And my ADR window opens tomorrow! Ack!

Last edited:
If you can find a spot at Space 220, it is *totally* worth it. I only managed to sit at the bar and it was still an utter delight. (food was really good, too.)

If you can find a spot at Space 220, it is *totally* worth it. I only managed to sit at the bar and it was still an utter delight. (food was really good, too.)
Thanks! I just edited my post to say that we will be returning in Feb, and plan to do Space then - very excited!

solo on Jan 8-9,
As 8-9 January is the Marathon weekend, you will find it quite difficult to book the ADRs you want. That's my experience anyway (solo participant in the Dopey challenge). I've looked at Space 220 also.

Heading to WDW first time solo on Jan 8-9, prior to a conference. Staying at Poly. On Sat. 1/8, I will land at 10:20 (hopefully earlier) drop bags at Poly and monorail to Epcot for late morning/afternoon, then will head to MK for 3-8pm. I could do a ADR for lunch at Epcot, but I think I will want to walk around and will probably grab something from the carts or counter service. But, I really want to try San Angel, so I might do a late lunch there before heading to MK? I'm not thrilled about any of the MK ADRs solo... I do love Skippers Canteen (my fav restaurant at MK) - debating whether to make ADR there for 6pm-ish? Then I will catch Enchantment and head back to Poly.

Day 2, Sunday, will rope drop MK at 8:30 (EMH) and spend half day there, then either back to Epcot or HS. Need to get to conference hotel around 8pm or so. No idea where to eat Sunday night but I feel like I should make an ADR just to be safe. A friend from the conference might be joining me on Sunday, not sure yet.

Edited to add: I am returning with my family in Feb for 8 days, so I plan to do Space 220 and many of the "bigger" ADRs during that trip. This Jan trip is more about eating somewhere that is interesting as a solo, probably with a menu that my super picky kids would never want to do!

And my ADR window opens tomorrow! Ack!
I would try for an ADR at Steakhouse 71 at the CR. It's getting really good reviews!

Not sure what you did, but I wouldn’t do an ADR at Epcot on arrival day. You aren’t going to be there long, and if your plane is late, you might opt to skip it. Maybe do the ADR for dinner at Skippers. Also, I’m not sure there are food carts in early Jan. Is there an active festival then? I haven’t looked lately to know. There is plenty of counter service. I’ve done San Angel many times solo because I like Americanized Mexican food, but the food isn’t remarkable and the service is average. I go because my partner won’t eat out Mexican as much as I would like, so I take advantage of eating that on solo trips.

I’ve done solo trips attached to a conference. If the conference location isn’t too far from WDW, folks might make plans for dinners at DS because no park ticket is needed. I’d booked the ADR you want for Sunday dinner now, and adjust if your friend commits.

Not sure if your kids like Boma, but you could consider that Sunday with your friend. It’s outside a park, but not where conference attendees flock. It would be interesting food!

I will be down there the same time for the marathon and will be solo. I’ve booked Tony’s at MK (a new find) bc I loved the atmosphere. Rainforest at AK, and Primetime at HS bc I love their pot roast. Checking everyday for 220 but knows it’s a long shot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter