Help me Decide for our Disneymoon!

Where should we stay on our Disneymoon based tips in my post?

• Grand Floridian

• Carribean Beach

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Polynesian

• Wilderness Lodge

Results are only viewable after voting.
My DH and I took our honeymoon last November at the Grand Floridian. I couldn't have asked for a more romantic, secluded, beautiful, yet convenient place to spend quality time with my new husband. It was very understated and beautiful, and there were minimal children. The only place I saw more kids than normal was in the lobby, and we were just passing through to get to the monorail. I think the monorail would be invaluable if you're planning on spending most of your time at Epcot. I'm not crazy about the bus system at WDW, especially the potentially long lines at the closing of a park, so I love the monorail for that reason. We couldn't have asked for a more magical resort to spend our honeymoon at. But to be honest, I don't think you'll go wrong at any WDW resort, so have a good time deciding!

I just had to chime in about the garden suites at BWI. Those are great! We stayed there with our ds--but it would have been incredibly romantic if dh and I had been alone! The huge whirlpool tub was great, and the balconies were pretty private. I LOVED it there!

I think the GF would be lovely for a honeymoon.

I definately think you should take a look at BWI though. The garden suites are beautiful but even the regular rooms are great. The balconies are nice and big, and some of the standard view rooms have a fireworks view! There are kids there but I think the resort has a nice romantic feel to it. It's definately worth checking out :)

I'm voting GF only because BWI isn't on your list. You should really consider it. Very romantic! :banana:

I voted for the Poly, that's one resort I would really love to stay at. You get the private bal. and it's quite. If you can get a room that faces MK you would be able to see wishes every night from your bal.

I have stayed at the WL and that is really very nice too. That would be my second choice. Good luck!

I would definately say Grand Floridian for your honeymoon would be great for atmosphere and restaurants. You can take the monorail to Epcot with a change at TTC. My next choice for you would be Boardwalk Inn, very nice for a honeymoon. Poly, WL and Beach are full of kids, especially by the pools and restaurants. We stay at WL and Poly because we have kids , otherwise I would pick GF or BWI if we went without them to WDW. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

No not a snide remark at all. I just think that if your going to a place that is geared to children you can't expect not to run into some. Just JMHO take it how you want.

I'd have to agree with the 2nd poster to your thread. You mention that your favorite park is Epcot, yet you have none of the 3 Epcot resort area deluxes listed?

That poster suggested BWI, but I'm going to suggest the YC. That is where my wife and I honeymooned and we had a wonderful view of Crescent Lake along with a nightly view of the Illuminations fireworks. You have the best pool on property, and a multitude of eating establishments both at the resort and across the lake at the Boardwalk. There's also Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls for your late night entertainment.

I don't think you're ever going to find a Disney resort that doesn't have an overabundance of kids, and because of SAB you'll probably see a great many, but YC tends to be the more "reserved" of the two resorts. Also, a romantic dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a perfect capper to a wonderful day (make sure you tell them you're on your honeymoon).

If I haven't convinced you regarding the YC, then I'd cast my vote for Poly.

Have fun and Congratulations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter