Help me Decide for our Disneymoon!

Where should we stay on our Disneymoon based tips in my post?

• Grand Floridian

• Carribean Beach

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Polynesian

• Wilderness Lodge

Results are only viewable after voting.

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
Please help me decide where to go on my Disneymoon.
Because it is a very special ocassion, I am having a hard time narrowing it down.

Things to keep in mind BEFORE voting in the poll:
--Our favorite park is Epcot and we will be there during F&W festival
--We don't really mind a 20 minute or so transportation to certain parks
--We are getting a CM discount from FI's cousin (40%)
--We don't want a resort overly crowded with kids or bright "unromantic" decor
--We'd prefer a private balcony
--We are from Louisiana and have been to N.O. many times (would POR impress us?)

We have narrowed it down to the resorts in the poll, what's your pick?
Thanks experts!
:wave2:

most romantic spot in wdw, in my opinion. walking the secluded paths with the tiki torches lit up. wow!!!

I love the Grand Floridia so that is the one I voted for, but if you really want to go to Epcot and its food and wine, why are there no Epcot resort choices? I think the Boardwalk Inn is a very romantic hotel. It would be a great choice for you. You could go to to Epcot in the evening by just walking to the international gateway.

If Epcot is your fav why not the Yacht club Beach club or the Boardwalk in your choices?

mjmcca said:
If Epcot is your fav why not the Yacht club Beach club or the Boardwalk in your choices?

Yes, I wondered the same thing. The resorts listed are nice, but if location is important to you (original poster), YC/BC or Boardwalk are perfect :thumbsup2

I voted for the Grand Fla., but I think you should consider BC or BW. They would both be great choices for you based on your post.

We don't mind the ride to Epcot.
We'd rather be able to pick one of the resorts we are most drawn too and sacrifice by a longer transportation.
It is not a big deal for us as we are not going to be on mad dashes thru the park. It will be a more laid back trip.

We just got back from the Garden suites at the BWI and I highly recommend them for a honeymoon. :love: The walk to Epcot is beautiful and the room is lovely. I would check them out!

FutureBrideOfMike said:
We don't mind the ride to Epcot.
We'd rather be able to pick one of the resorts we are most drawn too and sacrifice by a longer transportation.
It is not a big deal for us as we are not going to be on mad dashes thru the park. It will be a more laid back trip.
Oh OK I am more drawn the BC myself and Storm Along Bay is also a big draw for me.

I picked WL since you are from NO I thought this would be a totally different feel for you. You could also take long romantic walks in the woods, eat at Artist Point and they have great hot tubs. JMO

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

I voted GF. I almost voted Polynesian as it is my personal favorite, but the Polynesian does seem to encourage playfulness in children, especially around the volcano pool. That area can be hopping! :banana: (and it's fun!, but not really romantic). I don't think you'll be disappointed in the GF.

What does your CM connection suggest for you?

Have fun! :sunny:

Oh! I would also change my vote for the BWI Garden Suites if I were able to do that. That area is so nice! Those rooms are romantic! :love: Plus, you get concierge service with the Garden Suites. Can't beat that!

Just remember that none of the mods have private balconies. That leaves Port Orleans and CBR off your list. I'd go with the Poly. The resort is so romantic. The paths are lit with tiki torches and the flowers smell so nice. The whole place is laid back and very relaxing.

If Epcot is your favorite resort and especially if you are at Epcot during the F&W festival, take a look at the Yacht Club--easily within walking (or in the case of the F&W festival--staggering) distance of the International Gateway entrance to World Showcase.

When we go on family trips we usually stay at one of the moderates, but on "adult trips", especially F&W, the YC is a great choice.

The Yacht Club is a beautiful resort, and all rooms have balconies. The grounds are romantically landscaped, and the pool is arguably the best on Disney property. (The Beach Club, right next door is similar, but there are some rooms without balconies.) You also have all the night life at the Boardwalk at your fingertips. There is also great boat service to MGM/Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin.

I personally voted for GF just b/c ever since I was little I wanted to have my Honeymoon there...maybe one day. I think it is romantic, you have the monorail, and doesn't seem as "kiddish." I do have to say though it was a tough choice vs Poly. Let us know what you choose and Congrats!!!

Not alot of kids in Disney? Good luck. Don't be p'od if there are. Disney is all about kids.

Hollyb:
I am sure your comment had to be a snide one.
Obviously we know and expect that there will be kids at DW.
I am talking about resorts in this post and there ARE resorts that are more family-oreinted and therefore have more children.
If you have a useful comment I'd like to hear it.

You all really got me interested in BWV/BCV.
I have tried the DVC board for points and no one has gotten back to me yet with availability.
Unfortunately I have hard it will be hard to find a room there bc of F&W festival. So looks like that will probably be out as an option.
:-(

FutureBrideOfMike said:
You all really got me interested in BWV/BCV.
I have tried the DVC board for points and no one has gotten back to me yet with availability.
Unfortunately I have hard it will be hard to find a room there bc of F&W festival. So looks like that will probably be out as an option.
:-(

Furture Bride,

You are right that it will be hard to rent points for the Epcot DVC resorts during F&W festival, but both the beach club and the boardwalk have regular hotels as well as DVC units. They are comparable in price to the Grand Floridian. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club but I LOVED the Boardwalk Inn. It is very pretty and romantic in my opinion. The rooms are beautiful and the view of the fireworks from our balcony was wonderful.

I would classify the BWI as a more "grown-up" hotel, not that kids don't go there, but it has a feel that growns would appreciate. I think WDW is for all ages, from the very young to the very old. I certainly wouldn't say it is "all about kids".

Shelly

Congrats on the wedding!

I voted for GF (since BWI wasn't an option). You definitely won't be disappointed staying at the GF. It's a beautiful location. The lobby takes my breath away. It has a very grown-up feel about it and is romantic.

DH and I really like EPCOT as well. We also like the BWV (and BWI). Of course, we're a bit biased...we honeymooned there ourselves...and were married at Sea Breeze Point right off of the Boardwalk. It's so nice being able to just walk back and forth from EPCOT to our resort...and MGM isn't that bad of a walk either. Most of the rooms at BWI will come with a balcony and it'd be great if you could get a Boardwalk view. This area is quickly becoming our favorite in WDW. We're even considering adding on to our DVC points at the BWV next year. I wish I had points I could rent you but we've booked all of ours through 2007. Although it might be hard to get a reservation booked through renting DVC points, don't give up just yet. Plus, there's always the wait-list. You could book at VWL and waitlist for BWV (boardwalk view--or any view) and BCV. Something is bound to come up between now and then. And if it doesn't, you'd still get to stay at VWL which is a GREAT consolation prize.

WL is one of our favorites. It's also romantic in and outdoorsy type of way. The courtyard view is my favorite view at that location (although VWL won't have that view).

What an exciting time for you guys. Congrats again and best wishes with the planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter