• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me avoid the anniversary masses (staying near MK, Oct 4-8)

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are staying at Poly from Oct 4-8 and looking for outdoor, low crowd activities that will help us avoid the anniversary masses.

(Even though Touring Plans has MK at a crowd level of 2 on Oct 5 and a “1” on Oct 7…??? I’m so confused by their predictions for that week. We are waiting to buy park passes until we arrive and just won’t do parks if they sell out.)

Group will have wide age range (toddler to mid-50s) so we’ll split up as necessary. We go to WDW all the time so don’t care about missing headliners.

I’m thinking:
  1. Water parks?
  2. Strolling the monorail resort grounds
  3. Tri Circle D Ranch
  4. Poly resort pool
  5. Touring AoA cars area (kiddo is obsessed)
  6. Mini golf
  7. At MK: TTA, Casey Jr Splash area
  8. Boardwalk and skyliner
  9. Epcot just strolling around
What am I missing?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Horseback riding at FW
Archery at FW
Reserve a cabana at a water park? That way you can stay away from people when you are eating/sitting.
Head over to AKL to see the animals/eat

Just my observation as someone staying 9/28-10/5, it seems a good amount of ‘anniversary crowd’ is limited to the 1st-2nd. Room and dining availability was much better the 3rd and 4th. I’m hoping it won’t be too bad! I do plan on avoiding park opening and closing to avoid crowds and will be very selective of which rides we go on.

I think that most of the anniversary crowd will be leaving Oct 3 and 4. People who are coming in for the 50th want to be in the parks on October 1st and aren't necessarily there for all the new rides and shows.

But if it ends up being crowded:

1. Animal Kingdom, who isn't doing much for the 50th
2. Water Parks - Orlando will be very hot at the time
3. Universal and Sea World - will probably be less crowded with Disney's 50th. These parks are also much less crowded on weekdays
4. Gatorland and Kennedy Space Center - should not be crowded at this time of year
5. Skyliner food tour - grab food together at the Boardwalk, Riviera, Caribbean Beach, and Art of Animation
6. Rent a boat - I'm not sure if the Poly boat rentals are open, but you can fit your whole family on a larger boat
7. Grab some food and camp out in a good spot for the new firework shows

Just strolling around Epcot and mini-golf both get pretty crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter