Help...lol. Sort of new do the dining

momtoamulan

Mouseketeer
Our soon to be five year old needs to see mickey and Minnie...would they be at the Tusker house?

She is super picky when it comes to eating...loves eggs and noodles! That is about it.

Our nine year old needs her princess fix...

Hubby has heard great things about le cellier.

Hubby loves italian, greek, chinese food....

Our nine year old likes many foods....

I dont like seafood, chinese food (but would tolerate it for hubby and the kids)..

Any suggestions would be great! Snacks...we will be on the dining plan.

we have no idea wear to start!

I think the only place you might see Mickey and Minnie together is Chef Mickey's. Mickey is at Tusker House but not Minnie.

I would try Akershus over in Norway, they have several princesses for all meal periods and it is only 1 credit :thumbsup2

Le Cellier is great (and books up super fast) I would try for lunch (1 credit) rather than dinner (2 credits).

We will be trying Tusker House for the first time next week :-)cool1:) but I have heard great things about it, plus I love seeing the characters dressed up in safari clothes ;)

If you wanted to see Fantasmic! I highly recommend booking a package - Mama Melrose and Hollywood & Vine are both 1 credit each. We did MM and really enjoyed it.

You should check out menus - really fun to look at all the different types of food around the "World". http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

Good luck!

Hi there :) Via Napoli for your husband...it sooo tasty! I don't know about the charcaters at Tusker house, but the food is yummy. Your picky daughter should be able to find something there. :thumbsup2 -Amanda

I would recommend Akershus (we did breakfast) for the princess fix. The princesses weren't rushed and you get a nice photo with Belle for a keepsake.

Though I haven't eaten there myself, I have heard good things about Via Napoli.

Have fun planning! :)

The breakfast at Akershus should be good for everyone and you get to meet several princesses! It's served family style and there is also a cold buffet with a few other items. We are going to do this on our trip...even I'm excited! As mentioned above, the picture with Belle is included unlike some of the other character meals. I like the family style service with younger kids. You actually get to eat, too!
Lunch and dinner also have a cold buffet but you choose entrees from a menu.

Our soon to be five year old needs to see mickey and Minnie...would they be at the Tusker house?

She is super picky when it comes to eating...loves eggs and noodles! That is about it.

I dont like seafood, chinese food (but would tolerate it for hubby and the kids)..

Any suggestions would be great! Snacks...we will be on the dining plan.

Tusker House does NOT have both Mickey and Minnie. The only character meal that has both Mickey and Minnie is Chef Mickey. If you go to CM, I would highly recommend that you go for breakfast. The food for breakfast is MUCH better than the dinner food which is pretty bad.

In order to see princesses I would suggest either CRT or Akershus. CRT is 2 credits while Akershus is only 1.

Le Cellier is a good restaurant. If you were to go, I would go for lunch since it is 1 credit instead of dinner which is 2 credits.

Via Napoli is a GREAT Italian restaurant. It was one of our best TS meals last trip!

Personally, we don't like Nine Dragons (chinese restaruant). However, if you like asian food, I would suggest Teppan Edo. It is a hibachi restaurant (they cook in front of you). It is a fun meal!

I would highly suggest that you look at the menus at allears.net. You can also go to www.disneyworld.com and search restaurants by cuisine, location, etc.. :)

Is this your 1st visit to WDW? How many days are you staying?

I suggest breakfast at Chef Mickey's - all 5 of the main characters are there (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, & Donald), & it's the only character meal w/ both Mickey & Minnie. Plus, it's located in the Contemporary Resort which just feels very Disney-ish w/ the monorail running through. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's is one of our must-do's!

For your princess meal, I'd do breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. Especially if this is your 1st trip! There's just something magical about eating in the castle! We really enjoy eating in the castle - our dinner last year was wonderful! Since you're on the dining plan & may not want to use 2 TS credits or pay OOP, then Akershus (Norway) at EPCOT is nice too - it's in a very "country castle" type building.

If you're spending 2 days in EPCOT, I'd eat lunch at Le Cellier on your Future World day - it's easy to walk to Le Cellier from Future World. And Via Napoli for dinner on your World Showcase day & then stay for Illuminations.

Other character meals we enjoy are breakfast or lunch at Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom - it's a buffet w/ Pooh & friends & dinner at the Garden Grill in Future World of EPCOT - it's served family-style w/ Mickey, Pluto, Chip, & Dale & the restaurant slowly rotates through the "Living w/ the Land" ride.

Our kids 2 favorite non-character restaurants are lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In at Disney Studios (you dine in "cars" while watching vintage sci-fi movie clips) & dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge (they love the crazy antics here!).

Our favorite family restaurant is dinner at 'Ohana at the Poly - it's served family-style & is "all you can eat". The banana bread pudding dessert is wonderful! Plus, it's fun w/ hula dancing & coconut races.

We also like dinner at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (lots of selections on the buffet for both the adventurous eater & the not-so-adventurous eater), dinner at the Kona Cafe (at the Poly), lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom (the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is my favorite WDW dessert!), lunch or dinner at Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom (your server can take your autograph books to the kitchen to get Lady & the Tramp's signatures), & lunch or dinner at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom.

Our kids also enjoyed T-Rex last year in Downtown Disney.

The World Showcase restaurants in EPCOT are wonderful. We try to eat at a different one each trip, but our favorite is Le Cellier.

Our favorite signature restaurant is California Grill - the setting is gorgeous! (But, since we spend a lot of time going back to our kids' favorites, we haven't tried a lot of the signatures... ;) )

Hope this helps some!

Is this your 1st visit to WDW? How many days are you staying?

I suggest breakfast at Chef Mickey's - all 5 of the main characters are there (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, & Donald), & it's the only character meal w/ both Mickey & Minnie. Plus, it's located in the Contemporary Resort which just feels very Disney-ish w/ the monorail running through. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's is one of our must-do's!

For your princess meal, I'd do breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. Especially if this is your 1st trip! There's just something magical about eating in the castle! We really enjoy eating in the castle - our dinner last year was wonderful! Since you're on the dining plan & may not want to use 2 TS credits or pay OOP, then Akershus (Norway) at EPCOT is nice too - it's in a very "country castle" type building.

If you're spending 2 days in EPCOT, I'd eat lunch at Le Cellier on your Future World day - it's easy to walk to Le Cellier from Future World. And Via Napoli for dinner on your World Showcase day & then stay for Illuminations.

Other character meals we enjoy are breakfast or lunch at Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom - it's a buffet w/ Pooh & friends & dinner at the Garden Grill in Future World of EPCOT - it's served family-style w/ Mickey, Pluto, Chip, & Dale & the restaurant slowly rotates through the "Living w/ the Land" ride.

Our kids 2 favorite non-character restaurants are lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In at Disney Studios (you dine in "cars" while watching vintage sci-fi movie clips) & dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge (they love the crazy antics here!).

Our favorite family restaurant is dinner at 'Ohana at the Poly - it's served family-style & is "all you can eat". The banana bread pudding dessert is wonderful! Plus, it's fun w/ hula dancing & coconut races.

We also like dinner at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (lots of selections on the buffet for both the adventurous eater & the not-so-adventurous eater), dinner at the Kona Cafe (at the Poly), lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom (the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is my favorite WDW dessert!), lunch or dinner at Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom (your server can take your autograph books to the kitchen to get Lady & the Tramp's signatures), & lunch or dinner at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom.

Our kids also enjoyed T-Rex last year in Downtown Disney.

The World Showcase restaurants in EPCOT are wonderful. We try to eat at a different one each trip, but our favorite is Le Cellier.

Our favorite signature restaurant is California Grill - the setting is gorgeous! (But, since we spend a lot of time going back to our kids' favorites, we haven't tried a lot of the signatures... ;) )

Hope this helps some!

We have been many, many years ago...we are going for nine days and looking forward to it!

Chef Mickey's is your only real option for both Mickey and Minnie. I would also go for breakfast over dinner with regard to food quality.

You'll find scrambled eggs at pretty much every breakfast at WDW and noodles (various options) are an option on most kid menus as well. You might check out Allears to see which menus really appeal.

CRT is probably the most popular option b/c you're in the castle, but it's also 2 credits on DDP. I personally think this one is a better deal oop unless you are doing DxDP. Akershus is the 2nd best option...not in the castle, but castle like setting and very similar princess interaction. I also like the Akershus food better (I think our kids do as well). If your 9 yr old is up for Cinderella and the Step Sisters...1900 Park Fare for dinner might be a really fun option.

Lots of people rave about it. We had lunch there back in August and while it was good and a nice option for 1 ddp credit, it also wasn't the best steak we've ever eaten. If you do go, lunch is more popular than dinner since dinner was bumped up to signature. There is still much debate as to whether it is really signature quality.

Kouzzina over at Boardwalk would be a nice option for Greek. Italian varies greatly so you may want to read up on menus and reviews. I am no help on Chinese since we don't usually go for this at WDW.

Just really a good idea to go check out those menus. There are just soooooooooo many options. Places like Coral Reef, Fultons, Narcoosee's, Captain's Grill, etc. might be spots to avoid if you don't like seafood though.

Any suggestions would be great! Snacks...

so many snack options too...of course I can't resist a cupcake!!!
we will be on the dining plan.

It's tough b/c there are just tons of options out there, but at some point you just start narrowing down your faves and try and make a short list for "next time." :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter