Help I need help planning

someryguy10

Earning My Ears
So here is our situation i am traveling in december with my brother his wife and kids my sister me my husband and my kids So we have started and let me list all out people
12 year old girl
12 year old boy
10 year old girl
17 year old boy
Brother
Sister
brothers Wife
My husband
me
As our large group i see that we want a deluxe villa a resort wouldn't house all of us. I was thinking the boardwalk inn villas because my 12 year old son is a 40-60's nut i mean he really loves the time period Would this be a wise decision like is it kid friendly is it fun for the kids and would it house all of us and is the hotel just generally a nice one? Also p.s we know the area we were pass holders but they expire in July and sense we have a big party we are going to plan it all out because usually sense were pass holders we just go for rides not the Disney magic but like they say experiencing the whole thing is better so just on the hotel please and not the Disney experience in general

1st question - do you really all want to stay in one room? For some families that works, for others a bit of apart time works better.

You look to have 9 so could stay - when booking through Disney - in a 2 BR at the following resorts:
Old Key West
Bay Lake Tower
Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs (assuming you could rent one through Disney)

I think a 2 BR would be uncomfortably crowded given the ages of your party.

Or you could stay in any DVC 3 BR Grand Villa.

All will be quite expensive booking through Disney.

So here is our situation i am traveling in december with my brother his wife and kids my sister me my husband and my kids So we have started and let me list all out people
12 year old girl
12 year old boy
10 year old girl
17 year old boy
Brother
Sister
brothers Wife
My husband
me
As our large group i see that we want a deluxe villa a resort wouldn't house all of us. I was thinking the boardwalk inn villas because my 12 year old son is a 40-60's nut i mean he really loves the time period Would this be a wise decision like is it kid friendly is it fun for the kids and would it house all of us and is the hotel just generally a nice one? Also p.s we know the area we were pass holders but they expire in July and sense we have a big party we are going to plan it all out because usually sense were pass holders we just go for rides not the Disney magic but like they say experiencing the whole thing is better so just on the hotel please and not the Disney experience in general

You could do 2 rooms at POR (one would sleep 5 and the other 4) or 3 rooms at a value

I think OKW would be a good place because the rooms are huge!! It's very comfortable there & you won't be crowded.....2 full baths, sleeps 9, 1 King, 2 Queens, pull out sofa & pull out chair. BLT rooms seem to be much smaller. Good luck with your decision! :thumbsup2

While nine people will fit in an OKW two bedroom villa, it would be very uncomfortable since most of the are adults. You'd be better off getting multiple rooms.

The BW Villas do not sleep nine unless you get a grand villa and there are only seven of them. I'd bet they were all booked already. The two bedroom villa at BWV does not have the sleeper chair and (if you booked through DVC and not Disney) you could have nine, but no bedding or bed space would be provided. You'd have to provide your own air bed. If you booked for cash through Disney instead of DVC, you would only be allowed eight persons.

And if any one suggests renting points from a DVC member, you are nearly 7 months out from early December and that is one of the most popular time for DVC members except for the holidays. And getting a two bedroom villa at OKW may be very difficult.

I would suggest getting separate rooms. Getting a 2 bedroom or even a 3 bedroom would be very uncomfortable considering the ages of those in your party.

When I stayed at BLT there were 9 of us (all adults) and it worked out great for what we needed. We didn't feel like we were on top of each other at all. We loved having 3 bathrooms.

A 2 bed or grand villa - if available - will be quite expensive. I would consider separate rooms or staying at bonnet creek or an off-site resort.

Ok well we were planning to get two seprate rooms i was kind of hoping you guys would give me a hands on review of the boardwalk inn Such as is it a good hotel for kids that age(ps im talking about the 12 and 10 year olds the 17 year old wont care where we stay because he is on his computer all day(shame))

I think the BWI is fine, but if I had a choice of Epcot resorts, I would pick Beach Club or Yacht Club to be able to use Stormalong Bay - which is the huge pool shared by those resorts.

I think the BWI is fine, but if I had a choice of Epcot resorts, I would pick Beach Club or Yacht Club to be able to use Stormalong Bay - which is the huge pool shared by those resorts.

I agree. I have stayed at both BC and BWI and much prefer BC. The pool is fantastic and, if you want to enjoy the ambience of BWI - the night entertainment, restaurants, etc. - it is just a walk away.

BC or YC gets my vote over BWI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter