Help! Crowds over MLK holiday?

44disney

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for sometime in January, and one of the possibilities will be to be there the week of the Monday holiday for Martin Luther King Day.

Has anyone been there at that time? Is it more crowded that week than other weeks in Jan.? We will be spending a lot of our vacation at the MK because our kids are still young (5 and 7), so I would also like to know whether that park gets more crowded.

Thanks for the help!

My DH and I took off for a long weekend over this past MLK weekend...and LOVED it!!! :bounce: I have to say that we were a little intimidated by the crowds at the bus stop Friday morning at Pop Century, but, when we got to MK, I couldn't believe how uncrowded it was!! The weather was beautiful too...we had a bunch of rain but it was warm rain and since we had left snow and cold, it felt great!!

I would definitely go at that time again! The only time it seemed crowded was, of course, at the Saturday night Spectro and WISHES.

:p IVY :p

I have a differnet opinion than Ivy. We were there this past MLK weekend and I thought it was horrible. We have gone every January since 1999, and this time we thought we have the kids miss 2 less days of school and go over MLK. We got there Friday, and it was crowded all the way until Wednesday!!!!! Im used to going when there are NO crowds. This time there was definately a difference. Although we still had a great time, it was one of my least favortie trips. When you are used to no crowds, no lines, now waits, and then suddenly you have a 45 minute wait for everything in MK, its so disappointing!! We actually stayed away from MK Friday Sat. Sun and MOnday. We went on Tuesday as they were showing Spectromagic that night, and it was really crowded that day too. All the locals come on that day ( so Ive read on the dis) so that was the reason for the crowds. Wednesday and Thursday were empty days!!! FINALLY, but we had to leave on Friday this time. booo hooo.. We had 2 uncrowded days. I personally will never go again over MLK weekend. We are planning on the last week of Jan, into the first week of Feb 2005!!

We were there Fri - Mon. I was anticipating big crowds and I was really pleasantly surprised! We stayed at Pop Century. I thought it was nice and not near as crowded as I expected. That being said, it was just me and my 19 yr old DD and we don't spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom. At least not in Fantasyland. I'm planning to go again next year the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter