Help choosing OKW Room Request

kfields1

Mouseketeer
We are going over Easter Week. We would like to stay in a one-bedroom, second or third floor, nonsmoking room that has been renovated fairly recently. We also want to be near the HH and main pool. Am I asking for too much??:p

What building/room would you recommend? Thanks!!!!:)

We stayed on the 3rd floor Blding 64 last time and loved it.:) Short walk to HH. There were only a few parking spots on our side of the building so we usually had to park across the street. No biggie.

We were in Bldg. 18 at Xmas and it was refurbished and fairly close to HH and bus stop right outside. Had 3 1BR units and all were great, 1 on each floor water view.

We stayed in room 3725, building 37, it was a 1 bedroom overlooking the 5th hole, it was wonderful, I would love to stay there again!!! This is in the turtle pond area and very quiet, short walk to pool, but it couldn't get any more peaceful, looking out over the course.

Does anyone know which buildings have elevators?

I have never stayed at OKW. Next week will be my first time but my mother's feet/back aren't the best, so the less stairs she has to climb the better.

Thanks in Advanced!!

Cindy in NY

Only buildings 62, 63, 64 have elevators. Buildings 11-29 have all been refurbished with new appliances. Those buildings also have one access to the master bath in 1 and 2BR villas.

We've stayed all over the resort and have never been disappointed with any location or view. The HH area (Olivia's, main pool, grocery) are all easily accessed since all buses stop there before leaving the resort and internal bus will return to the other areas about every 20 minutes.

Doc - could you explain the one entrance to the bathroom in the 2 beds. I am looking at the room layout and I only see one entrance as well as a "window" into the master bedroom. Also - if you had to pick would you pick 23 or 62 for a 2 bedroom?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by mlshields
Doc - could you explain the one entrance to the bathroom in the 2 beds. I am looking at the room layout and I only see one entrance as well as a "window" into the master bedroom. Also - if you had to pick would you pick 23 or 62 for a 2 bedroom?

Thanks for your help.

Buildings 11-29 (first phase of the resort) all have one access to the bathroom of the master bedroom. This is true for both 1BR and 2BR villas. 2BR villas will also have a 2nd bathroom for the 2nd BR.

Subsequent building construction corrected this by creating additional access thru the laundry room. The "window" is to the jacuzzi area and consists of a leuvered bi-fold shutter between the bedroom itself and the jacuzzi tub. The shower/toilet area is in a separate room with the single/dual access already described.

Both 23 and 62 are great locations, but I'd advise against requesting specific buildings as it often leads to disappointment. I think it's better to request areas or a range of buildings. (Near HH, golf view, bldgs 23-29, etc.) List your requests in order of importance also.

Good Luck!

I would not pick a specific builing as my request. There are only a limited number of rooms of each type in each building. If you put "Building 62", it really limits the rooms that meet your request. If that building is not available, the room assigner has no idea why you requested it. Was it because it's close to HH, or close to a pool, or non-smoking, or near a bus stop, or a vieew of water. You are better off thinking of what things you want/need and then listing those (with the most important thing to you listed first). If a particular area is important to you, you are better listing a range of buildings (like "18-25 or 60-64").
Doc - could you explain the one entrance to the bathroom in the 2 beds. I am looking at the room layout and I only see one entrance as well as a "window" into the master bedroom.
The plan that you are looking at shows one door that goes directly from the tub/sink area into the area that has sink, toliet and shower. That is the only entrance into the bathroom (so you need to go into the Master bedroom to get into the bathroom. That's the arrangement in the buildings numbered 29 and lower.
The higher numbered buildings also have a second entrance into the bathroom. It's in the laundry room. When you enter the laundry room from the hall, there is a door straight ahead that goes to the bathroom.

Thanks! You guys are always so helpful!!!!!

I will request my preferences but will stay away from one building.

Thanks again!

Lauren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter