Help choosing a spa treat

PrettyInTeak

Earning My Ears
Calling all spa loving ladies! I've managed to arrange such much needed "me" time while my two favorite men do some male bonding. What spa treatment should I choose? Did the rainforest steam room last cruise and found it just okay. Not a massage lover, but I might be persuaded. Not a facial lover, but once again, I might be persuaded. Thoughts? Experiences? Do tell all!

Suzanne

If you are not big on facials and massages, I highly recommend the seaweed wrap. I have a lot of info. about it on my website, but suffice to say that it's a wonderful, detoxifying treatment. They slather a warm seaweed mixture all over your body (after you outfit yourself in paper undies), and then you are wrapped like a baked potato while you sweat away the toxins. A massage is also involved after you shower off, but it's just a half body one.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for the suggestion on the seaweed wrap, and the link to your wonderful website. I didn't know there were so many massage variations. The foot and scalp massages are sounding wonderful....so now I have a lot more choices to mull over. If only all my choices were filled with so many wonderful options!

I always go for the manicures and pedicures as I like the pampering and freshly painted nails while on vacation! :)

Hi - we are back from the 2/15 cruise (and freezing in the northeast!). I tried the reflexology treatment at the spa - never had it done before. It's basically a foot thing - they press at different points on your feet to release channels of energy. It was absolutely wonderful!! Just another thought. Wendy

I really loved the seaweed wrap; it's absolutely wonderful. I also got the best pedicure I've ever received when on DCL (and, believe me, I've had my share of pedicures!) The massages are also great; but, if you're really not into that, at least try the reflexology....you won't believe how it makes you feel.

I'm sure no matter which treatment you try, you'll enjoy it.

I also vote for the pedicure (ask for Eve if she is available...best one I ever had.) I like massages but I'm so-so on facials. (I'm a dermatologist and I get fed up with all of the claims that some aestheticians make regarding the benefits of certain products they are trying to sell and it becomes too much like work for me...ok I'm off my pet peeve soapbox now.)

That being said, the Ultimate Face and Body was recommended so highly by Barb and others that I decided to try it. It was HEAVENLY!!! The massage was just right and the facial was gentle, and had no painful extractions or steam shooting at my face as I have had in other (bad) facials. I also did not get post-facial acne!I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hope this helps!

Renee

I am also a fan of the reflexology. I usually add it to my massages (you can do a half body massage/reflexology combo). It's amazing...often, even when I don't say a thing, the masseuse can tell me my current problem areas just by working with me feet! That doesn't happen every time, but it's happened often enough to convince me that there's something to reflexology (and even if there isn't, it sure feels good :D )
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter