• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help--can't make up our minds!

TNErnie

Earning My Ears
We'll be getting off the Wonder on July 4 morning and heading to Radisson Barcelo for 2 nights--cannot decide between Sea World one day, then Universal, or Disneyworld--do they have fireworks display at Seaworld or Universal on July 4th? Is everywhere absolutely packed? And is it imperative to get tickets ahead of time for these places (like off the parks' web sites or Florida Tix or whatever) --or can just get them when you get there? (for people like us who haven't decided yet)--kids don't care much for big wild rides--considering the heat, maybe a water park would be good for a day--so if you only had 2 days there, what would you do?? Kids are 8 and 12 year old girls--and have never been anyplace like this!!--Thanks so much!! Would love to hear some ideas!

Well, Disney World is Big, and all four parks can not be done in two days.

Universal and IOA is smaller than Disney world, and well, we did them in two days, but they were marathon days, and it was two adults

Seaworld can easily be done in two days.

What do your kids like? Do they like thrill rides/coasters? Then Universal/IOA would be good.

Do they like sealife/animals? Then SeaWorld would be agood choice.

Do they enjoy Mickey, and classic fairly tame rides? Then Disney World would be good. If you chose Disney you would have to break it down more

Magic Kingdom-- The quisecential Disney park, has all the classics, but nothing truly thrilling or scary
Epcot- Fune futuristic park, some cool rides, and the World Showcase with different countries represented.
Animal Kingdom- If they enjoy a safari type experience, but this park is small, can be done in a half day.
MGM/Studios- IF you enjoy movies, thrill rides, and just a fun time MGM is good.

Thanks for the reply--helps me alot--I'm sure the kids will be impressed no matter what we do--!

MK on the 4th can be pretty crowded...as all parks can but be aware that the 4th falls on a Thursday and that may mean a lot of 4 day weekend trips to WDW....I don't think you'll be disappointed in the firework displays that ANY of the parks has to offer...MK and Epcot are great...and I know SW and US/IOA also have highly reccommended displays...you could do Blizzard Beach and watch the display at a disney resort...but again crowds are a factor and some water parks may fill to capacity as early as 11a.m.....but may open up again by 3 or 4 p.m.....I don't believe that AK has a display...because of the animals and they close earlier in the evening. I guess I would lean towards MGM or US given the ages of the girls...altho we do love SW! wE'RE A LITTLE FANATICAL ABOUT DOLPHINS!;)

Thanks for the help--we like dolphins and all that too! Alot of people have said MGM too, so we'll see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter