Help a bean counter understand AoA suite prices vs Little Mermaid prices?

we stay in suites and theres only 4 of us :crazy2: but our sleep is VERY important to us and we would all be tired and miserable if we had to share beds - double or queen beds at that. for me to share, i would need a king. i guess we could always get a king room and then cots for the kids........but we like having the separate sleeping areas, esp. since YDD gets up super early (5ish) and with the suite i keep her quiet for an hour or so so DH and DS can sleep a little more.

i do agree its totally overpriced. we could stay at AKL for less.

we stay in suites and theres only 4 of us :crazy2: but our sleep is VERY important to us and we would all be tired and miserable if we had to share beds - double or queen beds at that. for me to share, i would need a king. i guess we could always get a king room and then cots for the kids........but we like having the separate sleeping areas, esp. since YDD gets up super early (5ish) and with the suite i keep her quiet for an hour or so so DH and DS can sleep a little more.

i do agree its totally overpriced. we could stay at AKL for less.

As an FYI Disney won't allow cots in a king bed room. They only allow 2 people plus one infant. Not sure if you were just thinking out loud, but wanted you to know that.:)

As an FYI Disney won't allow cots in a king bed room. They only allow 2 people plus one infant. Not sure if you were just thinking out loud, but wanted you to know that.:)

well then, there you go. A suite it is, then. :thumbsup2

AKL says they have a King with bunk beds, is that right? That would work for me. In the future, when the kids are a little older I think it will be more bearable to share a room instead of havnig to get a separate bedroom.

well then, there you go. A suite it is, then. :thumbsup2

AKL says they have a King with bunk beds, is that right? That would work for me. In the future, when the kids are a little older I think it will be more bearable to share a room instead of havnig to get a separate bedroom.

From what I can find the bunk bed rooms have queen sized beds in them, not king. Sorry!

If you don't end up staying there, definitely go over to see it if you have time. AoA is very close to DHS so hopefully you could stop off and check it out!!

Exactly what I was thinking. You can visit the resort and see all of the Cars characters without staying there (can't use the really cute Cozy Cone pool, though). Get two rooms somewhere else and just visit AoA.

For us, even though we're a family of 4, separate sleeping arrangements are important. We joined the DVC for just this reason, but if we hadn't, AoA would have worked for us. We stayed at WL in a bunkbed room and at least the kids had their own beds, but they were right next to me, so I didn't sleep well. Sometimes the price of sleep is worth the extra money. But with in-laws, you're better off with two separate rooms IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter