Help-40% off question!

Mom2Max

Mouseketeer
I booked a 7 night package w/no dining at CSR with a "40% off stay" e-mail pin. I decided to change the last 3 nights to the Poly, so I called Disney. They told me that I needed to buy a one day park ticket for each person in my party ( in addition to the 7 day park hopper that I already paid for) so that I could apply the discount to my Poly reservation. Is this true? Please say it isn't so!!!:sad:

That doesn't sound right.... The 40% discount is a "room only" discount so technically there is no requirement for a package. I think you should be able to keep your original package but shorten your stay to 4 days yet keep your MYW tickets with how many ever days on it. Then you would need to make a separate "room only ressie for the remaining nights. ;)

That doesn't sound right.... The 40% discount is a "room only" discount so technically there is no requirement for a package. I think you should be able to keep your original package but shorten your stay to 4 days yet keep your MYW tickets with how many ever days on it. Then you would need to make a separate "room only ressie for the remaining nights. ;)

That's what I thought! Has anyone out there booked two resorts with this pin without having to buy an extra park ticket?:confused3

Unfortunately, if the 40% off is a package deal then you will have to buy a one day ticket for the Poly part of the trip. See if your 40% off pin was for a package or room only.

Unfortunately, if the 40% off is a package deal then you will have to buy a one day ticket for the Poly part of the trip. See if your 40% off pin was for a package or room only.

I thought the 40% was only for the room anyway. That's why I haven't been in a hurry to book. So you're telling me that my whole package, including dining, could be 40% off? How do I tell if it's for package or room only?

The Cm is wrong.The 40 % is a room only discount.I am looking at the postcard right in front of me. The 4/3 is a pkg deal, as is the free dining deal.

I think the CM was right, sort of. ;)
If you already have a 7 day package booked with tickets and dining, you cannot just 'switch' 3 nights of the stay to another resort . Your package will now have to be converted to two seperate reservations for the split-stay.
I know that if you are trying to use the dining plan for the entire 7 night stay, you will have to have seperate tickets for each resort to keep the dining at both resorts.
If you are not using the dining plan..hmmm.I am not sure about tickets..:scratchin I am thinking you should be able to use the tickets for the length of stay at both resorts but I am not sure about that one.

I thought the 40% was only for the room anyway. That's why I haven't been in a hurry to book. So you're telling me that my whole package, including dining, could be 40% off? How do I tell if it's for package or room only?

The 40% is for the room only. You can create a package with the discounted room rate but you will be paying full price for the other things (tickets and dining).

So it sounds like it's worth trying again. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Yes, the 40% discount is for room only. Try to call and clarify it again, but tha's what I know.

Have a nice day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter