Hello Disney Family Members, Micoofy Duck here!

Micoofy Duck

Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
Brand new to Disneyland in California, taking my first trip in July.

Can anyone here help me on making the best trip for this gay prince?

Just so that you know,

I'm staying at Grand Californian Hotel

Arriving early the first day, about 8 am plane lands

2 full days of Disneyland & DCA

Leave late on the last and fourth day, plane takes off around 6pm

I've booked a dinner reservation for Blue Bayou and I'm thinking about either Balcony or Premium seating for Fantasmic, have to wait for the 30 days to book at 8am in the morning.

What am I missing? What did I forget? Help me out with tips and/or advice anyway you can! ;o)

Thank you.

Hi! Can't help you a bit! :rolleyes: I've not ever been to DL, only WDW.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the Family. :cool1:

I subscribe to your blog site and I think I have already posted my advice.
Good on Blue Bayou and the Balcony seating for Fantsmic!
Have you thought about taking a Disney tour? I enjoyed both A Walk in Walts Footsteps and also From Imagination to Celebration.
Favorite DL rides: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Matterhofn, Indiana Jones Adventure
Favorite DCA rides: Soarin' over California, Tower of Terror, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin'
Just my thoughts

DL/DCA are so much more compact than WDW. You can do it all in 2 days, 3 if it's crowded. But it is so much fun. If you hop over to the DL board, there are a lot of locals that post there, Mary Jo, one of the mods is at DL a lot, and she knows all the ins and outs.

Have a great time.

Hi! You are going to love the Grand Cal. It is my favorite hotel for style - when we were there in 04 we loved being able to ride Grizzly River Rapids then run back to the hotel (thru our own entrance/exit to DCA) for a change of clothes. We loved the character breakfast at GC (Storytellers), but it was a very good buffet and the atmosphere was very relaxing...so much so that my DH said he wanted to go back the next day for breakfast too....who was I to argue with that? The Napa Rose restaurant was the highlight for me in dining. I had seen their chef (Andrew Sutton) on two different tv shows and knew that I had to dine in his restaurant. Our server was excellent. We were so pampered. I got up the nerve to ask if we could get a pic of Chef Sutton and the the waiter made the arrangements. Chef Sutton was so warm and gracious - made my night, plus even cuter in person...shhhhh... don't mention that to my DH! At the parks, our favorites were Pirates, Soarin, Grizzley River Rapids, Mr. Toad.

Editing to add: Indiana Jones ride is wild! Don't miss it!

I hope you have a great trip. We loved it because it is so compact that you are completely immersed in Disney by staying at GC. It was an incredible trip and I am sure you will feel like a prince on your balcony sipping your coffee in your royal bathrobe, because I know that I felt like a princess!

:goodvibes

Pam

Welcome to the DIS! I can't help you 'cause I've only been to DisneyWorld, but there's other great people on here who can. I hope you have a great trip next month! :sunny:

DL is much smaller than WDW as others have said. You are staying at the nicest of the on site lodgings. It's like a baby WL. Blue Bayou is great for the atmosphere. It is on the bank next to Pirates, so you can watch people as they start their ride. I don't know if you are traveling on a budget, but you can book the last lunch sitting at Blue Bayou and it is much cheaper than dinner. You need to do Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mtn., and the Matterhorn( which is not at WDW). Haunted Mansion is also different with a New Orleans exterior. Be sure to take advantage of the Fast Pass option. Get to the park before opening and make sure to head to Splash Mtn or Space Mountain to get your first Fastpass as both of these get a LOOONG line as the day goes on. DL is smaller and very busy during the summer so it tends to get packed. We normally get there early, do all the rides before noon or so, have lunch and then head back to our room for some pool time or to relax. We head back about 4:00 to the parks. It is much nicer once it starts to cool down. Wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water. At the CA park, be sure to go on Soaring and Grizzly River Rapids. Those are the must sees at that park. Also have Tower of Terror but I've never been on it. The show at the Hyperion Theatre is also a great break to get out of the heat. The Napa Rose restaurant in your hotel is rated one of the best in southern CA. It might be nice for dinner on your last nite. You are also right next to Downtown Disney which is an assortment of shops and restaurants. There is a House of Blues, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen with live jazz music, and ESPN zone. The food at ESPN is actually very good. Have a great trip. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter