Heading to WDW from Wisconsin

We drive from NW Suburbs of Chi.. I leave at 3 am..put sleeping kids in back and just go.. We stop at the steak n shake outside of nashville for lunch..dinner is around Macon and get around Gainesville around 11 or midnight. We stop at the motel we can find and then finish the drive the next day..

On the way back, we hop all 4 parks and do our favs.. then leave about 6pm.. We drive and stop before Macon... and then have a long drive day to get home about midnight...

We do the Indiana route 'cause of cheap gas..

Wowsers. You guys are brave, lol!! :) We used to drive when I was a kid from the Milwaukee area, but always seemed to go over Spring Break, and *always* seemed to hit snow somewhere along the way. That alone, is enough to fly with my own family. (picture my mom with fist clenched on armrest while dad grumbles under his breath at the other drivers along an icy patch of freeway......) :eek:

Anyway, we're going in October, and I did get great fares out of MKE, nonstop; I want to say they were under $215ish. Now if I could just get my four year old to stop kicking the seat in front of him on Midwest Airlines....:rolleyes1

Hey, wiseguyslovethemouse --

Midwest is THE BEST for direct flights to Orlando, isn't it??? Since we've ONLY driven to WDW with the boys (and we only take our family vacations at WDW), they've never been in a plane!! :sad2: DH and I would fly before the kiddos came along, and for work we've had to fly, but not yet with the kids. If we're flying, it's definitely going to be on Midwest. (And, no, I'm not a Midwest employee or shareholder. :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter