• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having a pity party

FlyingDumbo said:
She did not call me, she sent me a rather hurtful, poorly worded email. It really made me cry. I was in a bad state that day. Pregnancy hormones have me me uber crazy lately. I am either crying or angry. I am always tired. Jut found out today my Thyroid is out of whack again. I am really hoping my new dose of Synthroid makes me feel better.

Have you considered that your hormones influenced the way you read her email? Maybe on a better day it wouldn't read the same way.

Have you considered that your hormones influenced the way you read her email? Maybe on a better day it wouldn't read the same way.

No. It was rude and hurtful. Plain and simple. My husband agrees. There is no way to take it other than rude.

No. It was rude and hurtful. Plain and simple. My husband agrees. There is no way to take it other than rude.

I agree with you. I can understand that friend's wife may not have wanted to throw a shower, but her response to you was totally out of line. That was very unkind and tasteless.

chloelovesdisney said:
I'm sorry, that stinks. :hug:

I would tell dh that I would NOT be seeing his friend and wife anymore. It's not a big deal to host a small shower and she shouldn't have complained. Some people just can't be bothered.

It's GREAT that your work friends are throwing a shower for you and I'm sure you'll have a fun time. :thumbsup2 I was surprised with a work shower, I honestly did not expect it, and it was very much appreciated. :)

You don't think your family or in-laws will plan something? Are they too far away and you can't travel there or vice versa? I'd come right out and say something to your mother or sister, or a friend that you've thrown a shower for. Let them know what you would like.

You're already having the work shower, and even without a 2nd one, I'm sure you will get gifts from your family and friends. :goodvibes

Congrats and enjoy this time!

Ditto! & again mom and sister will have to have a good talking to. And those so called friends.... Kicked to the curb. They will soon be getting some "regretfully decline" RSVP responses from you i hope. ;) Finally, if the shower bug is still biting you after the baby arrives. Just throw a "Welcome/Come meet the Baby" party and only invite the work crowd that way you get to decorate with cute baby shower items and get to show your appreciation to those who thought of you enough to say let's do something. Good luck to you.

OP, I am sorry and :hug: to you! Congrats on the baby, what a blessing. Hopefully the blessings will continue with some new friends. My Mom met her best friend in her Lamaze class, so you may meet some new people that will be friends that will treat you better.

I understand the 'party person' excuse. I was always the party thrower, making suggestions and getting everyone together for celebrations. When I was in college, my birthday lands right around finals, so I understood that I couldn't have the big party like everyone else. But then after college, when I still was getting together and creating events with my friends for their parties, but only get a 'happy bday' text from them, it hurt.

This past year, I threw a really big bridal shower and bachelorette party. I remember the bride was a little ungrateful at the bachelorette party, and once she got so many "awesome night" calls and texts, she realized how special I made her night, but not til after the fact instead of being happy I made one at all. Shows how some people can really take advantage of the 'party thrower'

OP, your feelings are justified. You may be sensitive in your hormonal state, but that doesn't mean that you don't know when someone is being rude. Your DH's wife should have NOT sent an email saying she won't be throwing you a shower. WHAT? It may seem corny but "if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all." Pretty sure that old saying applies here. What she did was not ok.

You have the right to be upset. And while this isn't about gifts, it's about feeling abandoned by friends, perhaps if you have one friend or your sister that can post on FB or send an email saying where you are registered, perhaps you will see some more <3 sent your way from your less than lovely friends. In the meantime, enjoy your small shower by coworkers, they are showing that they care, and thats what matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter