Having a package shipped to ASMu

dancin Disney style

<font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa
I hope someone has had experience with this. I'm looking at getting some expensive dance shoes for my DD shipped to me at ASMu. The savings is $160 so well worth the effort. I'm concerned about getting the package after it arrives at the resort. We will be staying for 12 days so plenty of time for the package to arrive but what I'm wondering is what will happen when it does arrive? I'm thinking that I should order right before we fly down as the delivery time is about 2 days...that way we will be there before the package.

I've had water shipped from Costco but considering that the cost was $7 I really was not worried about it arriving.....this shoe package will cost about $250.

I guess what I'm asking is should I be confident about getting the package or make alternate arrangement for shipping?

Depending on where you live in Ontario it might be cheaper for you to cross the boarder and ship from the States. USPS has standard shipping prices for pre-sized boxes, the box is the same price no matter how much you fit in it. We live close to Detroit MI and that's how we ship our stuff. There are different sized boxes for different prices.

We have had packages shipped to the resorts without any issues. We have always included Reservation Name, Reservation # and arrival date in the address section. They do hold the packages so I would send it to arrive just before you arrive and call bell desk when you arrive and they will deliver it to the room.

Last time there was a small charge, $5, I understood this was new but on of the other posters said that it was only applied at the resorts with convention centres.

It is done frequently and I have not heard of any issues.

Depending on where you live in Ontario it might be cheaper for you to cross the boarder and ship from the States. USPS has standard shipping prices for pre-sized boxes, the box is the same price no matter how much you fit in it. We live close to Detroit MI and that's how we ship our stuff. There are different sized boxes for different prices.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't too clear....the company I want to buy from is in the US.

We have had packages shipped to the resorts without any issues. We have always included Reservation Name, Reservation # and arrival date in the address section. They do hold the packages so I would send it to arrive just before you arrive and call bell desk when you arrive and they will deliver it to the room.

Last time there was a small charge, $5, I understood this was new but on of the other posters said that it was only applied at the resorts with convention centres.

It is done frequently and I have not heard of any issues.

I don't mind paying a charge for them to receive the package...the savings will be approx 50% over what I would be paying for these items here in Canada.

Did it multiple times at the the Music. I always timed it to make sure the packages would get there about 1 week before my check-in date. I did order a very expensive item once (camera lens worth about 500$), but got this one send 2nd day delivery, and timed so it would get there just one day before us. I didn't want it to be lost into their storage facility...

P.S. The saving was about 300$ + Canadian sale taxes on the whole value, so definitely worth the risk!

Did it multiple times at the the Music. I always timed it to make sure the packages would get there about 1 week before my check-in date. I did order a very expensive item once (camera lens worth about 500$), but got this one send 2nd day delivery, and timed so it would get there just one day before us. I didn't want it to be lost into their storage facility...

P.S. The saving was about 300$ + Canadian sale taxes on the whole value, so definitely worth the risk!

Thanks that's good to hear. I'm going to go ahead and place the order but I'm going to call the company first just to determine the best date to order on so that delivery will happen right around our arrival day. I think I would prefer to have it arrive the same day or day after.

Im looking at ordering 3-4 items to all star sports from different vendors. Will they charge me a package fee at the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter