HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so excited about our upcoming stay at the GF! Couldn't pass up the Orbitz deal! Got a great deal on a Garden View room. When I look at my reservation in MDE, it says "Room Type: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa-Outer Bldg - Garden View". I have stayed at GF twice before in Sago Cay. One time we were even upgraded to MK view which was awesome! Are any of the other Outer Building rooms any different or better than Sago Cay or are the Garden View rooms pretty much the same in all the Outer Buildings?

We are going to be staying at the Grand again when we go in November. We usually go every two years, but my husband decided we should go again this year. I'm so excited!!!!! We stayed at the GF in November and loved it. Previously we had been at the Polynesian, which was also nice. I just loved the feel of the Grand Floridian so much.

I am super happy and excited about this trip!!

hi. I have found new more photos in another forum. Can I write here the web to share with you these photos?

We are going to be staying at the Grand again when we go in November. We usually go every two years, but my husband decided we should go again this year. I'm so excited!!!!! We stayed at the GF in November and loved it. Previously we had been at the Polynesian, which was also nice. I just loved the feel of the Grand Floridian so much.

You've come to the right place!! We all share your love of the GF! ::yes::
Congrats on getting another trip so soon~ :cool1:

Have renovations been completed in any other buildings? We requested a high floor in Big Pine Key for our May 11th trip...hoping it's done.:confused3

Also, does anyone care to post their recent trip pics? I have 43 days to go, and I'm itching to see more!!! :cool1:

I found them... I'll post in a few minutes... It's still Conch Key... I've heard that Boca Chica is done... but I haven't seen any pics.

Thanks for posting those Tinkrules :goodvibes

I hadn't seen the "lobby" and hallway photos before. I think it's very pretty.

I remember our "bad dreams before a trip" discussion :rotfl2:. My DSs used to give me a hard time about arriving at the airport 2+ hours before our flight, but they've realized there's not a whole they can do about it so they just roll with it now :rotfl::rotfl:. It isn't really fun to sit there just waiting, but I have seen a lot of people over the years racing through the airport to their gate.....and I always say that will never be me :laughing:.

I keep my flip flops in the closet of the entry off the garage where we come in every day, so they are very handy should the weather cooperate and I can make a last minute shoe change before leaving the house....LOL.

:teeth:

Cute about your boys giving up and rolling with the early airport arrival. I'm with you - I see those people dashing through security, hoping they make it to their gate and I'm just happy it isn't me.

The passholder magicbands are the same as the resort magicbands.

The box they come in is blue and has a picture of Mickey's hand on the top with a red magicband. The box has the word passholder on the side and the word passholder inside.

The slider has Mickey ears and the word passholder 2014. You slip it on the magicband.

There is an envelope with a card for each person for passholder discounts and parking.

Candy

Thanks for trying again to explain - sorry, I still don't get it.:blush: I can't figure out what a "slider" is? Does it have a purpose, or is it just decorative? I do understand what all the other stuff involves, the box and cards, etc.:flower3:

We are so excited about our upcoming stay at the GF! Couldn't pass up the Orbitz deal! Got a great deal on a Garden View room. When I look at my reservation in MDE, it says "Room Type: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa-Outer Bldg - Garden View". I have stayed at GF twice before in Sago Cay. One time we were even upgraded to MK view which was awesome! Are any of the other Outer Building rooms any different or better than Sago Cay or are the Garden View rooms pretty much the same in all the Outer Buildings?

All standard rooms are the same decor inside, the view is what makes them different - so a garden view room or TPV room will be the same in any given building, if you get me.

If you look at the map on the first page, you can see that some of the outer bldgs. surround the pool - these will have a pool view in the garden view rooms. Sago Cay garden rooms will have either a view of the marina or the back landscaping and monorail line; Conch Key will be either the courtyard pool or marina. HTH!

:goodvibes

Hi I'm just curious which building would I request to be closest to the Alice splash pad or main building. Thanks so much for any info!!

Big Pine Key is closest to the splash area and back entry to the Main Bldg.

Have renovations been completed in any other buildings? We requested a high floor in Big Pine Key for our May 11th trip...hoping it's done.:confused3

There is a renovation schedule at the top of the first post, first page in red.:thumbsup2

I found them... I'll post in a few minutes... It's still Conch Key... I've heard that Boca Chica is done... but I haven't seen any pics.

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing, Tink rules! I'm really starting to like the renos!

I'm glad someone does.:sad: Not liking any of it, sorry to say. What's up with that black side table with the powder blue walls of the lobby?! Sticks out like a sore thumb, to me, the proportions are all wrong. And the hall carpet is not my cup of tea at all - although I do like the hall wallpaper.

Still no nesting table, for all those watching for it.

BTW - sorry for the glum response, not directed at you, of course.:flower3: Good to see you!

Good morning...k&a&c'smom, I would describe the slider as a charm...no purpose that I know of, just a cute addition. And FWIW, I still don't like the new decor either.

Good morning...k&a&c'smom, I would describe the slider as a charm...no purpose that I know of, just a cute addition. And FWIW, I still don't like the new decor either.

Thanks! I was starting to think it had some significance I was missing.:laughing: The charm description makes sense, kind of like the ones they have for Crocs?

I keep trying to like the new rooms, I just don't.~sigh~

Good morning Ladies.:goodvibes I like the refurb of the rooms, but I still liked the old rooms before the last refurb..If that makes sense. Quick question, is the GF CL included in the pin codes like 30% off or FD? Thanks!:)

one question. You speak about pin codes sent by Disney (30% off, free dining..) but are only for US citizens? I've never received any and maybe it´s for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter